United States
Joined 5175 days ago

19 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 1 of 4
13 May 2010 at 1:01am | IP Logged 
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of taking up Spanish. I conduct research on childhood language learning and,
since I live in the southern US where there are lots of Spanish speaking children, it's
beginning to look like learning Spanish would be good for my career. Here's the thing,
though- I really don't want to spend much money. Especially, I don't want to spend any
money until I'm sure I have the time and motivation to stick with Spanish. So does anyone
know of any free (and legal) resources for learning Spanish online? I would really
appreciate your help.

Thanks!
1 person has voted this message useful

PL
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6057 days ago

33 posts - 34 votes
Speaks: Spanish

Message 2 of 4
13 May 2010 at 1:50am | IP Logged 
I'd encourage you to check out your local library for all kinds of quality, free resources, such as Pimsleur Spanish,
etc. The Practice Makes Perfect books are great as well. As far as online resources, a Google search will pull up a
lot. www.studyspanish.com has some tutorials and the BBC web site has some as well. Good luck.

Andy E
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6898 days ago

1651 posts - 1939 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French

Message 3 of 4
13 May 2010 at 8:47am | IP Logged 
Ditto on the library.

Also check out the following:

FSI Languages

Not everyone gets on with FSI courses but they're free, so all it will cost you is a little time to find out.

Andy.

Edited by Andy E on 13 May 2010 at 8:47am

ashshea
United States
Joined 5175 days ago

19 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 4 of 4
14 May 2010 at 1:03am | IP Logged 
I did find this website which I really like. I'm posting it here in case anyone else is
looking for free Spanish resources. http://www.learn-spanish-online.de/

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version