Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 6004 days ago

111 posts - 152 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese, French
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, Malay

Message 9 of 12
17 May 2010 at 10:04am | IP Logged 
If you have the kind of printer that can handle it, I'd suggest configuring the print to come out with two pages per side of paper (so you hold the paper Landscape, with two pages of the FSI book side by side). If your printer also prints double-sided, you can get 4 pages on one sheet and cut down on paper by 1/4.

You should have a test print of the first couple of pages first, to make sure you can read it, though!
1 person has voted this message useful

schoenewaelder
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5355 days ago

759 posts - 1197 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 10 of 12
19 May 2010 at 1:51pm | IP Logged 
The Spanish section on the FSI download site suggeste the Spanish goes to 4 volumes (although the audio for vol4 is absent)

datsunking1
Diglot
United States
Joined 5380 days ago

1014 posts - 1533 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: German, Russian, Dutch, French

Message 11 of 12
19 May 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged 
maaku wrote:
I had access to a laser printer at my last job.. so I have the units printed out and clipped with binder clips. Works for me. I find loose sheets of paper better (with clips for transport), but that's a highly individual thing; everybody is different.

Good luck!

Currently doing this with Assimil German Without Toil. I print out about 5 sheets a day (Library free limit :D) and I made cds to accompany the printouts. So it's pretty much like having the actual thing!

-Jordan

maaku
United States
Joined 5369 days ago

359 posts - 562 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 12 of 12
20 May 2010 at 4:40am | IP Logged 
schoenewaelder wrote:
The Spanish section on the FSI download site suggeste the Spanish goes to 4 volumes (although the audio for vol4 is absent)

It does, but Spanish the Spanish course is unique in that regard. (Perhaps because Spanish is a critical language for American government employees to know?) In any case, all the other languages are either one or two volumes.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version