Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3807 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 49 of 52
29 March 2014 at 12:55pm | IP Logged 
The quick brown father jumps over the lazy shepard dog, whilst eating lemon chocolate with stones. A young lady is
singing in the church now, standing near a large window, although she can't be bothered to realize it.

Italian:
De cuic braun fader giamps over de lesi sceferd dog, uailst iting lemon ciocolate uid stons. E iong ledi is singin in de
charch nao, stending niar e large uindoo, aldo' sci can bi boderd tu realais it.

I try with Persian :P
دا کواک بران فدر جمپس اصر دا لزی شفرد داگ وایلست یتینگ لمن چکلات وید ستانث
ا یانگ لدی یس سنگینگ رت نا ستندنگ نیر ا لرج ویندا الدوه شی کن بی باردرد تا رالیز یت     

Please don't let me do it anymore, I must be ashamed of what I did with Persian :S

Edited by tristano on 29 March 2014 at 12:57pm

1 person has voted this message useful

dedalus66
Diglot
Australia
Joined 3355 days ago

16 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Greek

Message 50 of 52
24 January 2015 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
I don't think anyone has had a go in Greek, so I'll give it a shot:

The quick brown father jumps over the lazy shepherd dog, whilst eating lemon chocolate with
stones. A young lady is singing in the church now, standing near a large window, although
she can't be bothered to realize it.

Δι κουικ μπραουν φαδαρ ζαμπς οβερ δι λαιζυ ζεπερντ δογκ, ουαιλστ ιτινγκ λεμον τσοκολατ ουιθ
στονζ. Α ιοανγκ λαιντυ ιζ σινκινκ ιν δι τσουρτς ναου, στεντινγκ νιρ α λαρζ ουιντο, αλδο σι
καντ μπι μποδερντ του ριλαιζ ιτ.

Unlike most other languages, Greek has the voiced dental fricative [Θ] and the voiced
dental fricative [δ] sounds, so they weren't too difficult to transliterate. The hard parts
were because of Greek lacking the sounds [tʃ], [ʒ], [ʃ], and [dʒ], and the small vowel
inventory of Greek. Because of this "church" had to become: "tsurts"!

Edited by dedalus66 on 24 January 2015 at 2:18am

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3540 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English
Studies: Italian, Mandarin, Romanian, Persian

Message 51 of 52
14 April 2015 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
The quick brown father jumps over the lazy shepard dog, whilst eating lemon chocolate with stones. A young lady is singing in the church now, standing near a large window, although she can't be bothered to realize it.

Serbian:

D kvik braun fader džamps ouver d lejzi šeprd dog, vajlst iting lemon čoklet vit stouns. A jang lejdi iz singing in d črč nau, stending nir a lardž vindou, aldou ši kent be boderd tu rialajz it.

Edited by nikolic993 on 14 April 2015 at 12:09am

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 52 of 52
14 May 2015 at 8:01pm | IP Logged 
tristano wrote:
The quick brown father jumps over the lazy shepard dog, whilst eating lemon chocolate with stones. A young lady is
singing in the church now, standing near a large window, although she can't be bothered to realize it.

I try with Persian :P
دا کواک بران فدر جمپس اصر دا لزی شفرد داگ وایلست یتینگ لمن چکلات وید ستانث
ا یانگ لدی یس سنگینگ رت نا ستندنگ نیر ا لرج ویندا الدوه شی کن بی باردرد تا رالیز یت     

Please don't let me do it anymore, I must be ashamed of what I did with Persian :S

Tried to read it, and I think you missed the "in the church now" and wrote "right now" instead.

This discussion contains 52 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version