Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5116 days ago

18 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German

Message 1 of 4
20 June 2010 at 12:59am | IP Logged 
I recently bought Assimil German with Ease (1987 edition), but accidentally bought cassettes rather than CDs (oops!). I would like to put the tracks onto my iPod, so I downloaded the audio tracks from a website (I think this is legal if I have bought the product - I hope I am right!)

However, lessons 22 - 26 and lesson 100 are missing from the download for some reason.

It would be REALLY helpful for me if anyone could send me the audio for these lessons (preferably in a format compatible with iTunes so I can put them on my iPod).

PM me if this is possible. I would be ver grateful.

Thanks very much!

Sam
1 person has voted this message useful

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6825 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 4
20 June 2010 at 4:52pm | IP Logged 
You could always digitize your cassettes.

Skims
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5116 days ago

18 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German

Message 3 of 4
20 June 2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged 
How would I do this?   I'm not very experienced with programmes such as Audacity, so I need step-by-step instructions :)

Thanks very much!

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6825 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 4
21 June 2010 at 11:51pm | IP Logged 
I'm sure that there are easier and less time-consuming methods but I don't know any better so this is the way I do it:

1. Download and install Audacity.
2. Connect the output of your tape player (the headphones jack) to the audio input of your computer (where a microphone would go).
3. Press "play" on your cassette deck and start recording in Audacity.
4. When side A has finished, edit the file (if you want to) and export it as an mp3.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other side and for the rest of your tapes.

I'm not very good with computers but just a bit of playing around and trying different things can be quite "fun".

If my memory is correct, there's a better explanation than this but it's in a rather old post (not mine). Try a forum search for "Audacity" and check the 2005 or 2006 posts.

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version