Groupie
Russian Federation
Joined 5654 days ago

59 posts - 87 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC1, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Portuguese

Message 9 of 12
27 June 2010 at 10:29am | IP Logged 
Pimsleur is a great deal cheaper from Audible (if you get a 24 credit subscription, with 20 credits you can get
yourself 100 lessons, up to Pimsleur Spanish Plus).

Speaking of quality of the Spanish course, I have to say it is good. However, Michel Thomas' Spanish worked much
better for me, and it does not get boring over time (Pimsleur bored the hell out of me about lesson #60 or so).
1 person has voted this message useful

johntm93
United States
Joined 5137 days ago

587 posts - 746 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 10 of 12
28 June 2010 at 1:06am | IP Logged 
novemberain wrote:

Speaking of quality of the Spanish course, I have to say it is good. However, Michel Thomas' Spanish worked much
better for me, and it does not get boring over time (Pimsleur bored the hell out of me about lesson #60 or so).
HOW DID YOU MAKE IT TO 60?
After 16 I couldn't wait to get my hands on MT (which I didn't know much about at the time, but I got it soon after and liked it).

joebelt
Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 6143 days ago

51 posts - 68 votes 
Speaks: English*, French

Message 11 of 12
28 June 2010 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
I'm on lesson 24 right now and loving it! God willing, I'm going to 100 and if Spanish IV is really happening, as someone reported, I'm doing that afterwards! There's something about the tongue-and-cheekness of Pimsleur that keeps me entertained and there's no denying the progress you make, if you stick with it.

Lucky Charms
Diglot
Japan
lapacifica.net
Joined 6759 days ago

752 posts - 1711 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 12 of 12
28 June 2010 at 4:09am | IP Logged 
I like Pimsleur, but it's hard to justify the price for the amount of vocabulary you end up learning (though the few vocabulary/structures you do learn stick so well that you'll be able to use them naturally without thinking). Luckily, they're available for borrowing at every library I've been to, so you probably don't need to buy the full course - or if you really want to, at least you can test it out first.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version