Tags: DLI | Czech | Pimsleur | Resources | Assimil
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Guido
Super Polyglot
ArgentinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6327 days ago

286 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, French, English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Catalan, Dutch, Swedish, Danish
Studies: Russian, Indonesian, Romanian, Polish, Icelandic

Message 9 of 12
26 June 2010 at 4:26am | IP Logged 
edited :P

Edited by Guido on 26 June 2010 at 5:44am

1 person has voted this message useful

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6028 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 10 of 12
26 June 2010 at 4:49am | IP Logged 
Guido wrote:
You can download the audio here
Or here
Or here

The password is uztranslations (btw, since FSI courses are free, I decided to post those 3 links)

Have a nice day!
Guido.-

Thanks for your efforts Guido.
That is the audio for the FAST course which is also available
on http://www.fsi-language-courses.org/
The FSI Basic Course is different. It has nearly 3 times as much material as the FAST course.

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5468 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 11 of 12
26 June 2010 at 7:26am | IP Logged 
liddytime wrote:

There is an FSI Czech Basic Course ( not their FAST course) Which looks incredible. You can download the text for free on ERIC.

It is a much more comprehensive course than FAST but appears to be more user-friendly for the general public than the DLI course. The book is nearly 1000 pages and it supposedly came with 38 cassette tapes. My problem has been that I can't find the tapes anywhere! NTIS does not sell them, sadly...

Have any of you out there seen them??

I would not recommend the FSI Basic course to the OP, since (as you say) it lacks available audio. I too have searched high and low for the audio and failed to find it. In my youtube video about FSI Czech I have begged people to let me know if they come across the audio, but have so far I have had no responses.

If you can cope without audio, though, the FSI Basic course is well worth using. If not, start out with FSI Basic, then the Assimil course if you can afford it, and then move on to DLI (which is actually more comprehensive than the FSI Basic course and has audio).

Edited by Splog on 26 June 2010 at 7:29am

2 persons have voted this message useful

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6028 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 12 of 12
26 June 2010 at 1:15pm | IP Logged 
Splog wrote:
liddytime wrote:

There is an FSI Czech Basic Course ( not their FAST course) Which looks incredible. You can download the text
for free on ERIC.

It is a much more comprehensive course than FAST but appears to be more user-friendly for the general public
than the DLI course. The book is nearly 1000 pages and it supposedly came with 38 cassette tapes. My problem
has been that I can't find the tapes anywhere! NTIS does not sell them, sadly...

Have any of you out there seen them??

I would not recommend the FSI Basic course to the OP, since (as you say) it lacks available audio. I too have
searched high and low for the audio and failed to find it. In my youtube video about FSI Czech I have begged
people to let me know if they come across the audio, but have so far I have had no responses.

If you can cope without audio, though, the FSI Basic course is well worth using. If not, start out with FSI Basic,
then the Assimil course if you can afford it, and then move on to DLI (which is actually more comprehensive than
the FSI Basic course and has audio).

Actually, I gave the DLI a second look and it looks pretty good!
That's too bad about the FSI Czech course. Maybe someday it will turn up someplace.
Děkuji vám moc!

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version