hobbitofny
United States
Joined 6043 days ago

280 posts - 408 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian

Message 1 of 2
25 June 2010 at 5:36am | IP Logged 
The Russkiy Mir Foundation offers a free computer course called Golden Russian DeLuxe. It is nice software program for learning Russian. It downloads the main program. As you use it, it loads individual lessons or helps. So it needs to be used online. Here is link http://www.russkiymir.ru/russkiymir/en/education/news/news00 01.html

Is there a way to get the full program on cd? I figure I would have to pay, but then be free of internet connections.

By the way, they also have a great free program called Russian without accent! It is a complete training tool of Russian phonetics which covers all main aspects of the spoken language. The program is designed to help you be able to study on your own so that you should be able to speak Russian clearly in a way that most Russian speakers should understand. It will also help you to be able to listen and understand those who are natural speakers of the language.
http://www.istrasoft.info/RusMir/download.htm

Edited by hobbitofny on 25 June 2010 at 5:38am

3 persons have voted this message useful

grunts67
Diglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5112 days ago

215 posts - 252 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 2 of 2
25 June 2010 at 1:05pm | IP Logged 
hobbitofny wrote:
The Russkiy Mir Foundation offers a free computer course called Golden Russian DeLuxe. It is nice software program for learning Russian. It downloads the main program. As you use it, it loads individual lessons or helps. So it needs to be used online. Here is link http://www.russkiymir.ru/russkiymir/en/education/news/news00 01.html

I didn't have time to check the program but the site offer a interessting feature for more advance learner. In fact, you can subscribe for online news in russian. They have about 7 publications that you can receive daily, weekly, 2-week or monthly which is, in my opinion, a nice feature. The program seem free of charge.

Nice find!

Edited by grunts67 on 25 June 2010 at 1:05pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version