Diglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5112 days ago

215 posts - 252 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 9 of 10
28 June 2010 at 12:41am | IP Logged 
First, I would like to thank everyone who gave me some suggestions, it's really appreciated. As my money is tight right now, it will take some time before I pick two or three of your suggestions. I will give some feedbacks once I get and use those books.

OlafP wrote:
I meant the 2009 version with 100 lessons. I don't know the previous version with 70 lessons, so I can't compare them. Looks like neither is worth the money. Let's hope they fire some of their managers at Assimil before it's too late (sell them to Rosetta Stone where they can't do any damage) and get back to delivering quality.

What a disapointement, I thought they would improve their method (by going back to the 1970 format) but there are still persevering in the wrong direction. I am still amaze by the fact that their made a simple and shorter book for a language as complexe and difficult (in terms of pronunciation and, without any doubt, grammar) as Russian but they did make a more substantial book for Italien and they even made a follow-up title for that language. I think Assimil is now more about the money than the succes of their students, what a shame !
1 person has voted this message useful

Chris
Heptaglot
Japan
Joined 6931 days ago

287 posts - 452 votes 
Speaks: English*, Russian, Indonesian, French, Malay, Japanese, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Korean, Mongolian

Message 10 of 10
28 June 2010 at 1:58pm | IP Logged 
Get Terence Wade's Russian grammar and the workbook that accompanies it. You might also like Derek Offord's Advancaed Russian grammar book, BUT it doesn't come with a key. The grammar workbook does, by the way.

Don't hesitate to get yourself a copy of 'Using Russian' too, by Derek Offord - it's excellent!
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version