BobMc
United States
Joined 5428 days ago

36 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 7
08 July 2010 at 3:03pm | IP Logged 
Based on a recommendation on this forum, I picked up older copies of "Spanish Made Simple" and "German Made Simple". Does anyone know if there is any audio out there that corresponds to these texts? In my 1981 copy of Spanish Made Simple, there is a description in there on how to order cassettes so audio must exist. Or possibly someone has recorded their own audio. Please let me know if you have come across this audio, as I would greatly appreciate it.

If not, my wife who is a native speaker has agreed to make me mp3 files a chapter at a time for the Spanish Made Simple book. Of course she wouldn't be upset if I found existing audio so she didn't need to do that.
1 person has voted this message useful

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5345 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 2 of 7
08 July 2010 at 8:36pm | IP Logged 
I know cassettes existed for French Made Simple and Spanish Made Simple as I used to own them in the 1980s. Unfortunately, they are now lost. They may occasionally appear on Amazon, though (which has a catalogue entry for them). The best bet is to search local libraries.

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5345 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 3 of 7
09 July 2010 at 11:45am | IP Logged 
I just checked - my local library has the Spanish Made Simple tapes in its catalogue - the German and the French ones have been stolen, however :{

I will investigate further next week when I can make it to the library.

datsunking1
Diglot
United States
Joined 5365 days ago

1014 posts - 1533 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: German, Russian, Dutch, French

Message 4 of 7
09 July 2010 at 9:41pm | IP Logged 
Elexi wrote:
I just checked - my local library has the Spanish Made Simple tapes in its catalogue - the German and the French ones have been stolen, however :{

I will investigate further next week when I can make it to the library.

They make tape to mp3 converter things so you can put them on your PC, I just saw one in a magazine...I guess they're gaining popularity :)

BobMc
United States
Joined 5428 days ago

36 posts - 47 votes

Message 5 of 7
09 July 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the tip Elexi. I am going to check my library tomorrow. It seems like the older "Made Simple" books were more popular in the UK like Linguaphone, but hopefully I'll get lucky finding a copy.

datsunking1 wrote:

They make tape to mp3 converter things so you can put them on your PC, I just saw one in a magazine...I guess they're gaining popularity :)

Here is a link showing a way using Audacity and a $5 cord from Radio Shack...

BobMc
United States
Joined 5428 days ago

36 posts - 47 votes

Message 6 of 7
13 July 2010 at 12:53am | IP Logged 
No luck finding the audio yet, so I am going to ask my wife to make it. That said, I am going to go through "Madrigal's Magic Key To Spanish" first one chapter at a time, so if anyone is particularly interested in having some audio to accompany portions of that book, just shoot me a PM.

peterbeischmidt
Germany
Joined 3723 days ago

3 posts - 6 votes

Message 7 of 7
21 November 2015 at 1:15pm | IP Logged 
I hope no one will resent that I resuscitate this old thread.

I recently came across Alexander Arguelles' video review of the "Made Simple" series and the positive discussion has spiked my interest. I was therefore wondering whether anyone has been able to locate the cassette tapes?

I noticed that Random House has some volumes of the series in print again. For example, here's the page for Spanish Made Simple:

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/120690/spanish-made- simple-by-judith-nemethy/9780767915410/

It seems that, while the contents have been mostly left unchanged, they're selling them entirely without audio recordings.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version