Joined 5154 days ago

87 posts - 100 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Italian, Slovak

Message 1 of 3
16 July 2010 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
Hey everyone,

Another question:
Is there anyway to speed up my German so I can get to at or around native fluency? I'm basically fluent, but progress only seems to be made when I talk with people, watch movies, ect. I feel like I'm doing fine and I was just curious to see if there was anything else I can do.

Thanks,

S_A
1 person has voted this message useful

kidshomestunner
United Kingdom
Joined 6214 days ago

239 posts - 285 votes 
Speaks: Japanese

Message 2 of 3
16 July 2010 at 3:39am | IP Logged 
One quick tip would be aim to 100% perfection. When I was just starting off I let a few mistakes go as being 'good enough'. I let this carry on to long. When approaching fluency you should be AIMING for perfection: Get your teacher, language buddy or yourself to correct even the smallest mistake.

This is one of the biggest mistakes I made when trying to learn Japanese: labelling relatively big mistakes as small.

Edited by kidshomestunner on 16 July 2010 at 3:40am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Declan1991
Tetraglot
Ireland
Joined 6248 days ago

233 posts - 359 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Irish, French

Message 3 of 3
16 July 2010 at 1:27pm | IP Logged 
I'd agree with that. Don't be satisfied if your sentence is nearly right, it should be perfect.

To be honest, I think you are doing the most important thing, practicing. If you're basically fluent, there probably isn't going to be much advantage to learning huge lists of vocabulary etc., because you should know nearly all of it already. So practicing, particularly actively speaking and writing, would seem the best to me.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version