Joined 5657 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 1 of 3
13 August 2010 at 10:04am | IP Logged 
I would like to present Frank Klichowski who is a polyglot speaking 15 languages and a language teacher at the VHS (= Volkshochschule) in NRW, Germany, for the languages Danish, Norwegian and Thai.

There is a newspaper article in German about him:

http://www.rp-online.de/niederrheinsued/krefeld/nachrichten/ Der-Mann-der-15-Sprachen-spricht_aid_892752.html

What a coincidence that such a polyglot offers a Danish course at the VHS in the city where I live and I was looking for a Danish course anyway!

Summary of the German article:

He was raised billingually in German / Danish and speaks also Japanese and Navajo, Thai and some European languages.

Next week I will register for one of his two Danish courses...

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 13 August 2010 at 10:10am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6513 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 3
13 August 2010 at 1:41pm | IP Logged 
Rather surprising that there is a Danish course in your own town .. and he has a very interesting combination of languages!
1 person has voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5905 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 3 of 3
13 August 2010 at 2:13pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for sharing this with us Fasulye. It is interesting to read that he believes anyone can learn Thai in two years. In my most recent video, I described Thai as a class 2 language in the UK Foreign Office system for classifying hard languages for English-speakers to learn.

Class 2 languages are often considered to be relatively difficult for English speakers to learn. That said, the FCO courses for such languages usually run for one year max. and can bring the student up to a solid conversational level in the language. This is a year of serious intensive study though.

I am glad you will get the chance to study Danish with Frank Klichowski and I look forward to hearing more from you about your experiences of learning in his class.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version