Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 1 of 3
16 August 2010 at 7:22am | IP Logged 
Ahojte,

Chcel by som vedieť aký je rozdiel s tymito vetami:

i) Kľudne daj na ňu kontakt.
ii) Kľudne daj jej kontakt.

Myslím si, ze tá prvá nie je správny (aspoň podľa učebnici slovenčiny), ale to vidím, keď dostávam emaily od slovenských kamarátov. Naučil som sa, ze "dať" v tejto vete vyžaduje nepriamy predmet.

Dakujem vopred,
Chung
1 person has voted this message useful

eumiro
Bilingual Octoglot
Groupie
Germany
Joined 5034 days ago

74 posts - 102 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, French, English, German, Polish, Spanish, Russian
Studies: Italian, Hungarian

Message 2 of 3
16 August 2010 at 9:53am | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
i) Kľudne daj na ňu kontakt.
ii) Kľudne daj jej kontakt.

Both are correct.

i) Kľudne daj na ňu kontakt. - 'kontakt na ňu' means 'her phone number / email address'. 'Kontaktovať sa na niekoho' means 'to contact someone'. In your sentence, it is not clear, whom to give this contact. Probably 'Give ME her contact information' (Kľudne MI daj na ňu kontakt.)

ii) 'jej' in this sentence could both mean 'her contact' and ' give her'. While 'her contact' (jej kontakt) looks less logical, because my phone number is 'kontakt na mňa' and not really 'môj kontakt', the other possibility 'daj jej' (give her something) seems more natural. In this case, I would write it 'Kľudne jej daj kontakt.' Now you have to indicate what for a contact information you should give her. If you want to tell someone 'Give her my contact information.', then tell 'Kľudne jej daj kontakt na mňa.'

I suppose you know what 'kľudne' means: 'Just do it...', 'There is no problem if you do it...'.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 3 of 3
16 August 2010 at 4:22pm | IP Logged 
Dík za rychlú odpoved'

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version