Groupie
Turkey
Joined 5031 days ago

63 posts - 65 votes 
Speaks: English, Turkish*
Studies: Latin, German, Russian

Message 1 of 6
25 August 2010 at 9:27pm | IP Logged 
Hi forum. I've heard that Tell Me More offers pretty qualified material about language learning, especially on harder languages such as Chinese or Arabic. It's a program, so if anyone here has used it? How is it like? Is it good? I found out that my school library is the only place in Turkey that contains these courses, so I wondered... Thanks.
1 person has voted this message useful

Lexii
United States
Joined 5009 days ago

162 posts - 194 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 2 of 6
26 August 2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged 
Lakkhamu, I don't know much about the Tell Me More program (other than what their website provides) but did you already try the Search function here (up on the black headline banner)? There are a number of threads that were tagged with Tell Me More.

Several of the threads don't provide much information; they simply consist of a solitary post asking for info about Tell Me More. But there are a few that might hold your interest until you get more replies here.

Wish I could be of more help.

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5798 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Studies: Catalan, Italian, German, Irish, Welsh

Message 3 of 6
26 August 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged 
I've never used Tell Me More. I've tried other material from the same company and I wasn't impressed.

If your library has it, why not just give it a try and let us know what you think?

Lakkhamu
Diglot
Groupie
Turkey
Joined 5031 days ago

63 posts - 65 votes 
Speaks: English, Turkish*
Studies: Latin, German, Russian

Message 4 of 6
26 August 2010 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
I might well post a review, but it will take some time. I'll perhaps try German or Russian.

re4lover
Groupie
Egypt
Joined 5224 days ago

63 posts - 66 votes 
Speaks: Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: English, Russian, Modern Hebrew, Aramaic

Message 5 of 6
26 August 2010 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
I just tried (English performance) and I think the other like this one
at the beginning you start with decide which level you want then choose the way you want to start your study (there are two option 1 study with programme guide , 2 study free without this guide ) although that there is one option I can't remember now !
lesson 1 provide many phrases about language ( about first level ) then it's testing your understand about these phrases from choosing the correct answer then
some words come through puzzle game then after solved it , start to testing your speaking for first phrases , this test is more complicated because the programme asks question and it want from you specific answer with right pronounce and its accent ( absolutely like the programme) then you finished lesson one and directly back to the lesson board to pick another lesson or to repeat lesson one if you want that !

hope that's useful to you

robbie ,

Edited by re4lover on 26 August 2010 at 5:05pm

re4lover
Groupie
Egypt
Joined 5224 days ago

63 posts - 66 votes 
Speaks: Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: English, Russian, Modern Hebrew, Aramaic

Message 6 of 6
26 August 2010 at 5:25pm | IP Logged 
one note also

there is one grammar lesson through lesson 1 , it's explaining (for example present continuous tense )

Edited by re4lover on 26 August 2010 at 7:25pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version