Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

"French: How to speak and write it" good?

Tags: Textbooks | French
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
ChristianVlcek
Bilingual
Netherlands
Joined 5610 days ago

131 posts - 141 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Slovak*, Ukrainian, Irish, German, Russian

Message 1 of 3
26 August 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged 
I've got the book for German that's, presumably, from the same series, and it's really good. So I found this the other
day online, does anyone have any experience with it? I'm looking at relearning French and as awesome as Assimil is,
I like to have a book-course for my languages, and this looks like it *might* fit the bill.
Otherwise, does anyone have suggestions for a book-based course for French?
1 person has voted this message useful

mikemike
Canada
Joined 4962 days ago

10 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 2 of 3
27 August 2010 at 7:30am | IP Logged 
ChristianVlcek wrote:
I've got the book for German that's, presumably, from the same series, and it's really good. So I found this the other
day online, does anyone have any experience with it? I'm looking at relearning French and as awesome as Assimil is,
I like to have a book-course for my languages, and this looks like it *might* fit the bill.
Otherwise, does anyone have suggestions for a book-based course for French?

Google books preview shows pretty much the entire book that you are considering. I say pretty much because I wasn't able to view one page.

Barron's french made easy is one of the few books that i have seen that can be used with 0 knowledge. It meets the requirement of an intro college course, so it is not as lame as french for dummies or other phrase like books. The practice makes perfect series are very good for advanced beginner or intermediate. I have the Moi, je parle français series, but i didn't start with it because it was all in french. Even though their level 1 book is very easy, if you don't know any words, that would still be a huge pain.

budonoseito
Pro Member
United States
budobeyondtechnRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5564 days ago

261 posts - 344 votes 
Studies: French, Japanese
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 3
27 August 2010 at 2:01pm | IP Logged 
I also recommend Barron's French the Easy Way. I found it in the library and liked it
enough to buy it. You can also get a preview in Google Books.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version