flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 4997 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 10
25 March 2013 at 10:21pm | IP Logged 
Prompted by a query from Freakyaye on a another thread, it occurred to me that other folks might be starting
to plan their July/Aug/Sept immersion courses now.   

If any one has other Parisian schools they'd like to recommend, or updates/reviews/comments on any of the above
already mentioned, feel free to add them to this thread.

1 person has voted this message useful

mike245
Triglot
Hong Kong
Joined 6760 days ago

303 posts - 408 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Cantonese
Studies: French, German, Mandarin, Khmer

Message 10 of 10
27 March 2013 at 8:08am | IP Logged 
Several years ago, I did a two-week language course with Langue Onze, a very small
school in the 11th. It was a great experience. Based on my written placement test,
they placed me in an class well above my level, but I ended up learning a lot and
especially improving my listening comprehension and speaking skills. My class had 7
students total, and I was the only native English speaker in my class. Almost everyone
taking classes at the school was European or South American, with most coming from
Italy, Spain and Norway. The students were all committed to learning French, and spoke
French with each other during the breaks. The teachers were all very friendly and
seemed to love their work. We didn't have a lot of homework, but instead had LOTS of
in-class conversation practice, word game, discussions about the news, etc. I think it
was 4 hours of class per day, just in the mornings. There was also a weekly field
trip, that took place on Wednesday afternoons.

The school helped me arrange a home stay with a friendly older French couple that lived
about a 10 minute walk from the school. They were very nice and chatty, although they
were traveling one of the two weeks and essentially left me in charge of their flat for
that week.

I would recommend the school, especially since the prices were very competitive. If
you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Edited by mike245 on 27 March 2013 at 8:09am

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version