zekecoma
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5154 days ago

561 posts - 655 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 1 of 4
07 September 2010 at 7:23am | IP Logged 
What is the difference between the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 and the Goethe-
Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1? Do I have to memorise a specific set of words for the
test, because I don't want to run in to words I do not know on the test and fail and
waste the $90 for nothing.
1 person has voted this message useful

Doitsujin
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5130 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 2 of 4
07 September 2010 at 8:02am | IP Logged 
zekecoma wrote:
What is the difference between the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 and the Goethe-
Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1? Do I have to memorise a specific set of words for the
test, because I don't want to run in to words I do not know on the test and fail and
waste the $90 for nothing.

I just visited the Goethe institute web site and I'm also confused. It seems the only difference between the courses is that the Start Deutsch tests where not developed by the Goethe institutes, but the telc GmbH.

BTW, the Goethe institute web site offers free Fit in Deutsch 1 training materials (exam with solutions, listening comprehension mp3 etc.) for download here. Why don't you download them to find out if you can handle them? They also have free materials for the Start Deutsch test.

Good luck!

Edited by Doitsujin on 07 September 2010 at 8:06am

zekecoma
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5154 days ago

561 posts - 655 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 3 of 4
07 September 2010 at 8:21am | IP Logged 
Well I went through it about 60% a few words here or there. I did a test on Deutsche
Welle and did quite good, just really awful of the listening :(.

polyglossia
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5214 days ago

205 posts - 255 votes 
Speaks: French*

Message 4 of 4
15 December 2010 at 9:37am | IP Logged 
zekecoma wrote:
Well I went through it about 60% a few words here or there. I did a test on Deutsche
Welle and did quite good, just really awful of the listening :(.

Try this page:

http://www.goethe.de/lrn/prj/pba/bes/gds/mat/deindex.htm

You'll find a lot of useful material (most of the tests' examples are provided with real exam sheets and audio.... (from A1 to C2:GDS:Grosses Deutsches Sprachdiplom)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version