Joined 5168 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 89 of 407
27 March 2011 at 8:14pm | IP Logged 
Awesome news! Mei190 has just let me know that there is a section of D-Addicts
here where Japanese
subtitles can be downloaded for many of the most current dramas! I was looking for this
for so long! すごいよな~!
1 person has voted this message useful

Mei190
United Kingdom
Joined 5127 days ago

29 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 90 of 407
27 March 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
No problem :) I would have posted here but wasn't sure if links to other forum were allowed. I hope it can help many people, it definitely helps me.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5168 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 

Message 91 of 407
31 March 2011 at 5:02pm | IP Logged 
The last time I was riding a peak on the roller coaster of language proficiency perception, it was so high that I became naive enough to wonder whether I'd ever reach a low valley again.

Well the roller coaster is obviously bigger than me because I can feel myself sinking down to a low...

I have a meeting with my language partner this afternoon. I didn't have time to think about it, but had I been smarter and more pro-active, I really should have planned easier tasks and activities. Perhaps it is possible to out-smart the roller coaster! Or maybe I'm just being naive again.

---

Enjoyed Oppai Volleyball (おっぱいバレー) last night. It's about a bunch of non-athletic high school students who start training really hard to win a volleyball match, as a win would allow them a peek of their new female coach's breasts.

I wonder if one could use such motivation for language learning...

schoenewaelder
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5347 days ago

759 posts - 1197 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 92 of 407
01 April 2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged 
No no no! You're supposed to be the one that provides wise counsel and Zen-like serenity to encourage the rest of us. I want to hear no more talk of this rollercoaster

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5168 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 

Message 93 of 407
01 April 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
schoenewaelder wrote:
No no no! You're supposed to be the one that provides wise counsel and Zen-like serenity to encourage the rest of us. I want to hear no more talk of this rollercoaster

But I think I ... beat it!

Yesterday, I expected to hit the bottom of the valley but no, I was back on a peak! It CAN be done!!

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5769 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 94 of 407
01 April 2011 at 6:22pm | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:

Yesterday, I expected to hit the bottom of the valley but no, I was back on a peak! It CAN be done!!

For a moment there I thought you might be only human after all, but once again you've proved me wrong!

I think we've all had days where it feels like you've taken a step back from where you thought you were. Learning is not a linear process and perversely, the better you get the more you realise your faults. But I'm glad all systems are go again!

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5168 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 

Message 95 of 407
01 April 2011 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:

For a moment there I thought you might be only human after all, but once again you've proved me wrong!

I think we've all had days where it feels like you've taken a step back from where you thought you were. Learning is not a linear process and perversely, the better you get the more you realise your faults. But I'm glad all systems are go again!

Thanks!

In all seriousness, I think I was particularly perceptive this time, for some reason, in noticing that I was sinking again and this might have been sufficient to reverse the process. It pays to listen to yourself, I suppose.

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5168 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 

Message 96 of 407
04 April 2011 at 10:02pm | IP Logged 
Started writing a FAQ entry on Japanese Pitch Accent here. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Been watching some dramas lately, including a very interesting series called Professional. I'm also reading book 2 of the 「玄米先生の弁当箱」manga series.

I've been writing to a new language partner in Sapporo, but I seem to have lost my partner in Kansai. What happened exactly is a bit of mystery to me. I'll have to talk about it in another post.

This discussion contains 407 messages over 51 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version