Diglot
Joined 6951 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 17 of 18
09 September 2011 at 5:43pm | IP Logged 
Report on not encouraging attitude about professional multilingualism from a managers' survey in the UK :-/

My biggest reservation about this article is that no date is given so it feels as if I'm getting only part of the story.
1 person has voted this message useful

VityaCo
Bilingual Triglot
United States
Joined 6876 days ago

79 posts - 86 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, Ukrainian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Japanese, French

Message 18 of 18
17 September 2011 at 6:41am | IP Logged 
I would like to add mine thought here also, maybe not for Kaja, as one year almost passed after the question has
been posted here. Anyway.
If it is your first language, go with one that you would like to know very much, that is very important. And one that
you could study professionally. Later, when you will have a diploma you can add as many languages as you wish to
the language list on your resume.
And the last, study that language that is understudied today, because it is going to be in higher demand tomorrow.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version