vykis92
Groupie
LithuaniaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5074 days ago

68 posts - 71 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 8
27 October 2010 at 6:29pm | IP Logged 
Does anybody knows if BookDepository.co.uk offers a special discounts at christmas seasons? I'm asking becouse I found some assimil courses that I'll need in future, but I dont know if is it wise to wait until christmas for discounts or maybe prices can rise in future?

1 person has voted this message useful

seldnar
United States
Joined 6891 days ago

189 posts - 287 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Mandarin, French, Greek

Message 2 of 8
28 October 2010 at 4:16am | IP Logged 
I wouldn't count on them offering a general sale. Their prices are already lower than
many places.

Even if they offer sales, they may be like Amazon, and only offer sales on certain
things. These certain things may or may not be the Assimil courses you want.

It sounds as if you want more than one Assimil course. Maybe buy the one you most want
now and wait for Christmas to buy the other and see if there is a sale. If there is a
sale, great! If not, you haven't lost anything. If the price has gone up, since it is
not a course you need right now (you would have already bought that one) you can wait a
while for the price to come back down.

vykis92
Groupie
LithuaniaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5074 days ago

68 posts - 71 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 8
28 October 2010 at 10:18am | IP Logged 
ya you are right, I can't buy everything I want at once so I'll buy the cheapest courses now and for others I'll wait a little.

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6138 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 8
23 November 2010 at 8:51am | IP Logged 
Book depository is offering a holiday special where if you recommend them to a friend, you and the friend get 10% off an item. If the friend buys something, you get 10% off of an additional item. The offer is good until Dec 15.

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 4968 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 8
23 November 2010 at 5:42pm | IP Logged 
newyorkeric wrote:
Book depository is offering a holiday special where if you recommend them to a friend, you and the friend get 10% off an item. If the friend buys something, you get 10% off of an additional item. The offer is good until Dec 15.

That's good to know, Newyorkeric. - Where are the details of this offer on the site? Did you go to bookdepository.com or ...co.uk ? I clicked on the "Offers" section for both, but didn't see it.

One thing I particularly like about Book Depository is that shipping is free!

I recently bought The Rules for the Gender of French Nouns from them (and recommended it to a friend), and am finding it (so far; I've just started) tremendously useful.   Ignore the subtitle, by the way: it doesn't really go into the why of the gender; if you were expecting the etymology of individual words, this isn't the source for you. But Rosenthal has 38 chapters, each outlining one "rule", or pattern that he's found. For example, "bras" is an example of Rule 2: Singular nouns ending in "s" are masculine.

You can also find a quick outline of the genders at sites like Fourmilab, but I find it really helps having a book that goes into the details of the patterns.

Anyway, if I can earn "credit" for having recommended this title to my friend, it'd be great!

[Edited for clarity and to fix typos.]

Edited by songlines on 23 November 2010 at 5:47pm

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6138 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 6 of 8
24 November 2010 at 2:13am | IP Logged 
It's called Spread the Christmas Love. It shows up on the front page of both http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ and http://www.bookdepository.com.

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 4968 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 7 of 8
24 November 2010 at 8:27am | IP Logged 
newyorkeric wrote:
It's called Spread the Christmas Love. It shows up on the front page of both http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ and http://www.bookdepository.com.

Thanks!

edelwal
Ireland
Joined 4831 days ago

4 posts - 5 votes

Message 8 of 8
05 January 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged 
i know bit late now but maybe useful next time you order.
theres a 10% Discount Code on their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/BookDepository

(valid until 20-Jan-2011)

Edited by edelwal on 05 January 2011 at 4:05pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version