ericblair
United States
Joined 4471 days ago

480 posts - 700 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 57 of 60
24 February 2013 at 7:46am | IP Logged 
How sad to read through all 7 pages and see you get left hanging, Random review. But,
still, thanks for all the work you put into this from the start! I hope your language
studies, regardless of what they are, are going well now!
2 persons have voted this message useful

embici
Triglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4370 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Greek

Message 58 of 60
24 February 2013 at 2:16pm | IP Logged 
Although I don't have plans to study German I did study it once years ago but I went
running for the hills when we got to the cases. So I commend your efforts to demystify
them.

You have put in a great deal of effort so far it would be a shame not to see something
come of it.

The people over at the Language Transfer seem to
have a goal of adapting and improving on the MT method to teach languages for free.
Perhaps they have some resources or contacts you could tap into?

Random review
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5543 days ago

781 posts - 1310 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin, Yiddish, German

Message 59 of 60
24 February 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
Holy epic bump, Batman! Not left hanging, my German wasn't good enough to finish it.
Late
last summer I finally dumped Spanish and went back to German and do indeed intend to
finish it. Funnily enough I also thought I might send a draft to the guy at language
transfer for his thoughts (I'll also see if Cainntear's still willing to give
feedback).
Can't give a definite date, because my German is still not good enough, but some time
this summer :-)

For those learning German now, there is nothing like the drills in the FSI basic
course, my debt will be immediately obvious. I lifted large parts and can't recommend
it highly enough. If you find FSI boring and you already know some German, then just
cherry pick the drills that teach the case system.

Edited by Random review on 24 February 2013 at 3:37pm

ericblair
United States
Joined 4471 days ago

480 posts - 700 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 60 of 60
24 February 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
Random review wrote:
Holy epic bump, Batman! Not left hanging, my German wasn't good
enough to finish it.
Late
last summer I finally dumped Spanish and went back to German and do indeed intend to
finish it. Funnily enough I also thought I might send a draft to the guy at language
transfer for his thoughts (I'll also see if Cainntear's still willing to give
feedback).
Can't give a definite date, because my German is still not good enough, but some time
this summer :-)

For those learning German now, there is nothing like the drills in the FSI basic
course, my debt will be immediately obvious. I lifted large parts and can't recommend
it highly enough. If you find FSI boring and you already know some German, then just
cherry pick the drills that teach the case system.

I've not even begun German studying yet (waiting for a pronunciation course I ordered
to arrive), but I am hoping you finish your project before I get to the point I need
it, haha.

Also, you mention the FSI German Course. I've not even looked at it, but I did see the
regular FSI website is down. So, I wanted to share this link here in case anyone
stumbling on this thread wants to use it:
http://www.ielanguages.com/fsi/germancontents.html

This discussion contains 60 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version