youtube.com/user/CheRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4948 days ago

99 posts - 135 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 9 of 21
26 November 2010 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
michau wrote:
Cesare M. wrote:
Nie wiem, ale dumaie ze mowie po polsku teraz ze wo perwy protoze wo perwy, nemam priatelom kto mowie po polsku. Ale teraz, mam jedny priateli kto mowie po polskom i tak.

Here is a correction of the parts I managed to understand:

Nie wiem, ale (?) że mówię po polsku teraz że (?) (?) (?) (?) (?), nie mam przyjaciół którzy mówią po polsku. Ale teraz, mam jednego przyjaciela który mówi po polsku i tak.

There are still many words in your text that are not Polish, and I have no idea what they are supposed to mean. What I understood is "I don't know, but (?) that I'm speaking Polish now, that (?), I don't have any close friends who speak Polish. But now, I have a close friend who speaks Polish anyway."

Thanks and sorry.
1 person has voted this message useful

Heinrich S.
Groupie
Germany
Joined 6714 days ago

63 posts - 85 votes 
Studies: French

Message 10 of 21
26 November 2010 at 9:06pm | IP Logged 
I've already sent you these corrections before, but anyway . . .

Your Spanish was quite difficult to understand. I would write out what you said in full, but it was just too unclear in many parts, so I'm not going to bother. You need to pronounce the verbal conjugations properly otherwise no one knows what tense you're talking about and therefore you're effectively not using grammar.

Soy par Canadá = Soy de Canadá or Estoy en Canadá.

Saying "hablé español por un año" doesn't make much sense to me. You mean you learned it for a year? "Estudié español durante/por un año" makes better sense.

Un facto importante = un hecho importante

You keep saying "so sí" to say the English "so, yeah." "So" doesn't exist in Spanish (apart from being a command for a horse to stop). Try to eliminate your need to repeat that all the time, because when you say "so sí" it sounds to me like an out-of-place version of "eso sí" which means "all the same" or "despite that."

It sounds to me like you're saying "ablumes" when the word is "álbumes."

Muy interesante por mí = para mí

Ahora yo utilizando mucho español cuando estoy en trabajo porque yo trabajando con personas latino = Utilizo el español mucho cuando estoy en EL trabajo porque trabajo con gente de Latino América/personas latinoamericanas(pronounced with the spoken stress on the second a) trab-Á-jo. Ditto "impacto".

Your use of the verb "gustar" is a bit off like when you say "realmente gusta español" (you must mean "me gusta mucho el español").

Cesare M.
Canada
Joined 4948 days ago

99 posts - 135 votes 

Message 11 of 21
26 November 2010 at 10:06pm | IP Logged 
Heinrich S. wrote:
I've already sent you these corrections before, but anyway . . .

Your Spanish was quite difficult to understand. I would write out what you said in full, but it was just too unclear in many parts, so I'm not going to bother. You need to pronounce the verbal conjugations properly otherwise no one knows what tense you're talking about and therefore you're effectively not using grammar.

Soy par Canadá = Soy de Canadá or Estoy en Canadá.

Saying "hablé español por un año" doesn't make much sense to me. You mean you learned it for a year? "Estudié español durante/por un año" makes better sense.

Un facto importante = un hecho importante

You keep saying "so sí" to say the English "so, yeah." "So" doesn't exist in Spanish (apart from being a command for a horse to stop). Try to eliminate your need to repeat that all the time, because when you say "so sí" it sounds to me like an out-of-place version of "eso sí" which means "all the same" or "despite that."

It sounds to me like you're saying "ablumes" when the word is "álbumes."

Muy interesante por mí = para mí

Ahora yo utilizando mucho español cuando estoy en trabajo porque yo trabajando con personas latino = Utilizo el español mucho cuando estoy en EL trabajo porque trabajo con gente de Latino América/personas latinoamericanas(pronounced with the spoken stress on the second a) trab-Á-jo. Ditto "impacto".

Your use of the verb "gustar" is a bit off like when you say "realmente gusta español" (you must mean "me gusta mucho el español").

Thanks for all the corrections. Much appreciated. Thanks for your valued input.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6934 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 12 of 21
27 November 2010 at 12:24am | IP Logged 
michau wrote:
Cesare M. wrote:
Nie wiem, ale dumaie ze mowie po polsku teraz ze wo perwy protoze wo perwy, nemam priatelom kto mowie po polsku. Ale teraz, mam jedny priateli kto mowie po polskom i tak.

Here is a correction of the parts I managed to understand:

Nie wiem, ale (?) że mówię po polsku teraz że (?) (?) (?) (?) (?), nie mam przyjaciół którzy mówią po polsku. Ale teraz, mam jednego przyjaciela który mówi po polsku i tak.

There are still many words in your text that are not Polish, and I have no idea what they are supposed to mean. What I understood is "I don't know, but (?) that I'm speaking Polish now, that (?), I don't have any close friends who speak Polish. But now, I have a close friend who speaks Polish anyway."

Cesare's Polish shows noticeable interference from Ukrainian or Russian (but I suspect that "dumaie" should be думаю = 'I think'), Czech (protože 'because', nemám 'I don't have') and Slovak (priateľ 'friend', nemám 'I don't have') and is notable for some Slavonic-sounding interjection/filler whose source I can't identify (wo perwy).

Michau, I'd translate Cesare's text as:

"Nie wiem, ale myślę, że mówię po polsku teraz ze *wo perwy* bo *wo perwy* nie mam pryzjaciela, który mówi po polsku. Ale teraz mam jednego przyjaciela, który mówi po polsku i tak."

leosmith
United States
Joined 6328 days ago

2365 posts - 3804 votes 
Studies: Tagalog

Message 13 of 21
27 November 2010 at 3:51am | IP Logged 
Cesare, isn't this the same Thai video? Your speech has improved a lot since then, so I'd rather wait for the new one
to correct it if you don't mind. I still think the whole video is a masterpiece though :)

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5127 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 14 of 21
27 November 2010 at 1:02pm | IP Logged 
First I'll congratulate you on speaking 24 languages, at whatever level that's incredible.

Regarding your Czech, your subtitles are quite good and your mistakes are mainly with the cases. You mix them up a lot and use the genitive 2nd case too much.

For example
Vaše videa jsou užasného = Vaše videa jsou užasná (formal) or vaše videa jsou užasný (informal)

Off the top of my head, trying to remember the video, I think you also wrote -
Naucil se čtyřech jazycích (locative 6th case) = Naučil jsem se čtyři jazyky (accusative 4th case)

There were some other examples like this but I can´t remember exactly. However the subtitles were pretty good and understandable as I said.

I´m sorry to say that you really have to work a lot on your pronunciation because your spoken Czech was barely understandable at best. Without the subtitles I wouldn´t have understood 90% of it at least and my wife is Czech and without seeing the subtitles, she said that it wasn't Czech.

You clearly have knowledge of Czech though so my advice is to work hard on your pronunciation and review the basics of the cases.

Good luck!

Edited by hribecek on 27 November 2010 at 1:05pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Cesare M.
Canada
Joined 4948 days ago

99 posts - 135 votes 

Message 15 of 21
28 November 2010 at 4:23am | IP Logged 
hribecek wrote:
First I'll congratulate you on speaking 24 languages, at whatever level that's incredible.

Regarding your Czech, your subtitles are quite good and your mistakes are mainly with the cases. You mix
them up a lot and use the genitive 2nd case too much.

For example
Vaše videa jsou užasného = Vaše videa jsou užasná (formal) or vaše videa jsou užasný (informal)

Off the top of my head, trying to remember the video, I think you also wrote -
Naucil se čtyřech jazycích (locative 6th case) = Naučil jsem se čtyři jazyky (accusative 4th case)

There were some other examples like this but I can´t remember exactly. However the subtitles were pretty
good and understandable as I said.

I´m sorry to say that you really have to work a lot on your pronunciation because your spoken Czech was
barely understandable at best. Without the subtitles I wouldn´t have understood 90% of it at least and my
wife is Czech and without seeing the subtitles, she said that it wasn't Czech.

You clearly have knowledge of Czech though so my advice is to work hard on your pronunciation and
review the basics of the cases.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the corrections and being considerate.

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6248 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 16 of 21
28 November 2010 at 11:31am | IP Logged 
Could you also post subtitles for the German? I only understand "ich", "Sprache",
"Deutsch", "Sprachen" and "sehr gut". You have a habit of saying some words very loudly
and clearly (like every time you say "Deutsch" in this video) and then saying the rest
quietly, quickly and without enunciating as well. This makes it difficult to follow,
especially on video. I think your German pronunciation may actually be very good - for
example you seem to have no trouble with the difficult consonants CH (soft and hard) or
the vowels that are so hard to master for a native English speaker - except you have to
slow down and not let every word mesh with the next. German, when done right, should
sound more chopped than French; it's something French people always make fun of.

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version