United States
confession
Joined 5243 days ago

292 posts - 818 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Latin, Uzbek

Message 9 of 10
30 November 2010 at 8:56am | IP Logged 
Good news on the Tocharian lessons at UT's EIEOL page - they're up. And good catch on the religious scholars, a point which had completely slipped my mind. John Dobson comes to mind - he's written introductions to New Testament Greek and Hebrew. The Greek course contains some information about where the writing follows Aramaic phrasing or uses Aramaic expressions, indicating he has at least some knowledge of that as well.
1 person has voted this message useful

Delodephius
Bilingual Tetraglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 5199 days ago

342 posts - 501 votes 
Speaks: Slovak*, Serbo-Croatian*, EnglishC1, Czech
Studies: Russian, Japanese

Message 10 of 10
30 November 2010 at 12:16pm | IP Logged 
Incidentally, I wrote an e-mail to the UT's EIEOL website makers a day before the first Tocharian lesson was up. I just wanted to know when it was going to be ready but they were more than happy to give me additional information. :-D
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version