Aaycle
Bahamas
Joined 4895 days ago

2 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 1 of 3
29 November 2010 at 7:52am | IP Logged 
Due to the migration here of Haitian Nationals here in The Bahamas, I was compelled to learn their Language, Customs, and Culture. It has now been six (6) years since my journey and more than anything I am elated, as this was the catalyst for my curiosity of other languages. Well, about a week ago I recalled a dream I had in CREOLE, yes Creole. I dreamt in Creole and I am still so happy and excited about that. I guess, I want to know if anyone else has had dreams in the language/s they are learning; and what (if anything) does it mean?
2 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5120 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 2 of 3
29 November 2010 at 12:55pm | IP Logged 
Congratulation - and welcome to the forum! This usually means that you have reached a high level in that language. When I get to a country where I speak the language it usually takes 3-4 days before I start to think, swear and dream in that language. Doing it while you are still at home is even better!!

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5048 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 3 of 3
29 November 2010 at 1:13pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations, Aayacle! It's nice to see a fellow Caribbean islander on the forum. I remember when I first dreamed in Spanish. When I awoke in the morning I was shocked!

Edited by iguanamon on 29 November 2010 at 10:10pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version