Language Learning Forum : Links & Internet Resources Post Reply
Martin M
United States
Joined 5065 days ago

20 posts - 26 votes
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 2
05 December 2010 at 6:03pm | IP Logged 
Was enrolled in a Coastline Community College Spanish 180 class. However, it was pretty slow and based on Destinos. While the program is nice (and available free online), the class seemed unsatisfactory.

Are there specific online language courses forum members recommend. I am currently using Pimsleur (I really like it and am starting Level 3 soon) and wanted to augment the audio only with some text, reading and other approaches. Will likely purchase and study Assimil and Teach Yourself. What are your suggestions?
1 person has voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5072 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 2 of 2
06 December 2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged 
Try holaquetal curso It's a joint production of RTVE and El Centro Virtual Cervantes. They have a pay level and a free level with less instruction. Take the free level and go to Centro Virtual Cervantes Aveteca to supplement your studies with multimedia exercises. You can watch the videos for the televised course on youtube and save them with a youtube downloader and convert them to mp3's for your mp3 player with another friendly mp4 to mp3 conversion site. This is what I recommended to a friend of mine recently. Gotta love the internet!
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version