Joined 5013 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 25 of 25
12 December 2010 at 12:56am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

mrwarper wrote:
To US and Europe morons alike the appalling PISA test results are either irrelevant or wrong, which only speaks of their stupidity or evilness.

Wow. Declaring people to be morons, stupid or evil for questioning the relevance of a test is quite harsh.

:)

It might be a bit harsh were I referring to anyone questioning a test. When the politicians I'm talking about have been foiling working education systems (or anything where excellence was appreciated) from above to implement the current crap we're seeing everywhere, and say things like my previous quotation, I think it is a different thing.

So, these guys have been building new public education systems which are said to be excellent and yet every one of them keeps their kin away from them and send them to private or foreign schools, and then deny or simply dismiss any evidence of the damage they inflicted to their own countries, and I have to believe their words and keep my faith in their good intentions?

Ma'am, first let me inform you that hell is said to be full of good intentions. I think they use them for paving, or something. So excuse me if I take them with a grain of salt. Especially in the face of people who lie in public.

These guys' kids attending private schools instead of the excellent new public systems? Well, actions speak louder than words.

And to top it off... of course no test is perfect; but if I think a test is bad, I say why and try to change it. I don't try to disguise my bad results and/or happily disregard them when others taking the same test under the same conditions are making me look like crap.

But then again, I'm not a politician :)

P.S: Oh, yes, I forgot something. Either they know what they're doing, or they do not. If you don't like mine, perhaps you have alternate labels for that :)

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 25 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version