Tags: Podcast | Polyglot
 Language Learning Forum : Polyglots Post Reply
37 messages over 5 pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Next >>
Poliglotta80
Nonaglot
ItalyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5763 days ago

11 posts - 32 votes
Speaks: Italian*, SpanishC2, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, GermanC2, Dutch, Swedish, Portuguese, Russian
Studies: Mandarin, Romanian
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 37
17 December 2010 at 2:43pm | IP Logged 
Hello guys, I wanted to share a link to a blog of one of our very own forum members, Vlad. He has recently posted a very interesting podcast on his blog, speaking in 11 languages. I have been talking to Vlad for more than 2 years and I know how well he speaks his languages. He's got a great passion, which I hope will enrich your language experience and encourage other aspiring polyglots. Enjoy!

http://mrvladimir.blogspot.com/p/my-multilingual-recording-i n-11.html

Edited by Poliglotta80 on 17 December 2010 at 2:47pm

11 persons have voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5882 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 2 of 37
17 December 2010 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
Poliglotta80 wrote:
Hello guys, I wanted to share a link to a blog of one of our very own forum members, Vlad. He has recently posted a very interesting podcast on his blog, speaking in 11 languages. I have been talking to Vlad for more than 2 years and I know how well he speaks his languages. He's got a great passion, which I hope will enrich your language experience and encourage other aspiring polyglots. Enjoy!

http://mrvladimir.blogspot.com/p/my-multilingual-recording-i n-11.html

Luca,

Thank for sharing this with us. Vlad is obviously gifted to pronounce the languages so well. His speaks clearly, making himself easily understood. Also, the work he has put into learning these languages has paid off. He seems to be able to speak comfortably in a good range of languages. Nice display. :)

7 persons have voted this message useful

Vlad
Trilingual Super Polyglot
Czechoslovakia
foreverastudent.com
Joined 6371 days ago

443 posts - 576 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, Hungarian*, Mandarin, EnglishC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Serbian, French
Studies: Persian, Taiwanese, Romanian, Portuguese

Message 3 of 37
17 December 2010 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
Luca,

thank you for posting this. You know that I would probably not have found the courage
to do so.

Thank you both for the nice words, even though you know the recording was far from
perfect. I tried to give it my best, but to do such a recording is really very very
difficult and I only can express my big respect and admiration to what both of you have
done on youtube. Keep up the great work.

Edited by Vlad on 17 December 2010 at 5:37pm

7 persons have voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5929 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 4 of 37
17 December 2010 at 8:39pm | IP Logged 
Vlad, that was an amazing performance! You speak all of these languages so well, it's just inspiring. Great job!

P.S. Next time will you speak some Polish, Romanian, or Persian too? :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Zorrillo
Pentaglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 6171 days ago

41 posts - 82 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Sign Language, Spanish, Polish
Studies: Greek, Georgian, Indonesian

Message 5 of 37
17 December 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
Wow, that was a dazzling performance, Vlad. That must be difficult to switch like that from one language to the next. I particularly enjoyed hearing your Hungarian, which I never get to hear from polyglots, and Chinese, which is always impressive to hear from a non-Asian.

As an aspiring polyglot, it was greatly inspiring, but also intimidating, because it reminds how far I still have to go to reach my goals! Your American accent is fantastic, by the way.

Thanks for sharing, Luca

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6490 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 6 of 37
17 December 2010 at 9:00pm | IP Logged 
I was just as impressed as the others above - and having heard for instance the German section it is hard to believe that you haven't spoken that language recently.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5121 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 7 of 37
17 December 2010 at 10:48pm | IP Logged 
I thought I had already expressed how impressed I was, but I can't see any post from me. I must be getting Alzheimer. Anyway: I am very, very impressed. 11 languages are a lot to keep up, but you are very good at the languages I know, and native in the ones I don't know. The only one I have no way of evaluating is Mandarin, but since you are living in Taiwan and are that good in your other languages, I feel confident that you are fluent in that one too.

Great acheivement, and a great inspiration.

Gorgoll2
Brazil
veritassword.blogspo
Joined 4933 days ago

159 posts - 192 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*

Message 8 of 37
17 December 2010 at 11:08pm | IP Logged 
It´s quite great. It´s rare to see a new talent. Mezzofanti will be defeated soon - We
´re many many candidates.

This discussion contains 37 messages over 5 pages: 2 3 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version