Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 4905 days ago

49 posts - 49 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French

Message 1 of 3
18 December 2010 at 11:14am | IP Logged 
Hi, I am a member on the LingQ site at the moment and it has provided a big boost in the beginning of my learning Spanish. What I would like to know, have you ever used this method and did you become fluent with it? If so, how long did it take? I'd like to know if it is a good site to use so that I can carry on with it or if it is just used for basics and gaining vocabulary.

If it is used for just basics, what method do you think I should view afterwards?
1 person has voted this message useful

delta910
Diglot
United States
Joined 5686 days ago

267 posts - 313 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, German

Message 2 of 3
18 December 2010 at 4:22pm | IP Logged 
I am not fluent yet in any of the languages that I am studying right now, but I use it as well for my Spanish and
German.

I have been using it mostly for my Spanish right now for quite some time. I can say that it has greatly helped my
Spanish. If you continue the method as intended you can attain fluency.

I would suggest upgrading your account though from free to basic if you want to use the site as it is intended to
get your results. I did this for three months and saw a great improvement in my Spanish as well as my German. I
ultimately downgraded to basic to free because I found a different way to use the site, and because I wasn't on
the site as much as I was when I was really using it.

If you use it everyday I don't see why you can't attain some level of fluency.

Go through the three beginner courses (greetings and goodbyes, eating out, and who is she) and then i would
suggest going through Steve's book on that site. If you work through those pieces of material you could be at a
good level. Also, I would pick up some other outside resource to go through once you go through the beginner
content. Pick up Ultimate Spanish and/or Teach Yourself Spanish to then start looking at grammar and seeing
those constructions.

You should make this post on the LingQ forum as well. It would be interesting to see what for results others have
made with this method.

gizmo2012
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 4905 days ago

49 posts - 49 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French

Message 3 of 3
18 December 2010 at 5:07pm | IP Logged 
I just put it up. I tried being as polite as possible as I know they don't like people criticising LingQ =D. I'm expecting people to start saying I will benefit if I paid.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version