Diglot
Germany
Joined 4865 days ago

214 posts - 249 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Modern Hebrew

Message 121 of 392
26 February 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
Greetings for no specific reason! I just wanted to say it's always a pleasure to read your long posts on Saturdays.
1 person has voted this message useful

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5252 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, German

Message 122 of 392
26 February 2011 at 6:41pm | IP Logged 
Amazing series of languages, study plans, everything! You're my hero!
Also, keep travelling as much as you can while you're young, even though you're not in Europe you seem to be getting opportunities.

Edited by joanthemaid on 26 February 2011 at 6:44pm

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5924 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 123 of 392
26 February 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
ReneeMona wrote:
I checked and the link still works for me. I look forward to your next recording! I also really enjoyed your Swedish recording. You made me remember why I love the sound of that language so much. ;-)

Tack så mycket, Renee. :) Jag tycker också att det är ett vackert språk och jag hoppas att du också ska tala svenska snart.

Teango wrote:
With every passing week you impress me even further, Ellasevia! What I like the most though is that you find the time to keep this log fresh with new ideas and ways of presenting your progress. So great job on the Swedish recording, and I can only imagine how good your pronunciation in other languages might be... :)

Haha, thanks. I love your log too. As for my pronunciation in other languages, it ranges from the very good (Spanish, Greek, French) to the so-so (German, Italian), to the I-really-have-no-idea (Persian, Polish). The only language for which I’ve ever been told that my accent is not good is German, but other people have told me it is good, so I’m not sure what to believe there…

numerodix wrote:
ellasevia, I couldn't find your recording, but I posted one myself here. Your comments are welcome, as well as those of anyone else.

It sounds really good to me. I’d agree that you sound a bit more Belgian though, probably because of the softer ‘g’ sounds. I like your voice, by the way.

mirab3lla wrote:
Ca să îți răspund la întrebare, nu există nicio diferență între acele forme, deși ”voi face” este cea mai formală. Forma pe care o vei auzi depinde de la zonă la zonă. Mă bucur că ai ținut minte ziua mea de naștere. Întradevăr, este în 4 iulie. Ce păcat că nu suntem și în aceeași zodie! Aceleași materii ca și prietena ta le studiez și eu și nu îmi place deloc! Școala mi se pare foarte plictisitoare, în afară de câteva ore destul de interesante (de exemplu, ora de psihologie de astăzi). Știu că româna este o limbă foarte grea, nici eu nu îi stăpânesc gramatica în totalitate, deși este limba mea maternă și chiar particip la concursuri de română. De aceea te admir pentru cât ai învățat și pentru cât de bine te descurci.

Mulţumesc pentru corecţiile şi răspunsul. Ştiai că ziua ta de naştere este o zi de petrecere în Statele Unite? Este ziua noastră de independenţă, dar ultimii doi ani nu eram în ţara aceasta; anul trecut eram în Tanzania şi doi ani în urmă eram în Grecia. Acest an, sper că o să fiu undeva în Europa.

polyglossia wrote:
Two questions :
1/ when did you start learning : a/ Italian b/ swahili ?

I began learning Italian in December 2008, but haven’t studied it at all since August 2010. Like I wrote in the past two posts, I started learning Swahili exactly a year ago, in February 2010.

tozick wrote:
I just wanted to say that it should be 'panie oglądały' same as one. Otherwise it's perfect, keep up the good work.

Ahh, dziękuję for catching that. I had copied and pasted the line above to get the same formatting and just changed “panowie/państwo” to “panie” but I forgot to change the ending. I’ll fix that now.

Meelämmchen wrote:
Greetings for no specific reason! I just wanted to say it's always a pleasure to read your long posts on Saturdays.

Greetings to you too and thanks for stopping by. :) Did I ever tell you how much I love your username? Well I just did. I like sheep. A lot. Sheep, sheep, sheep, sheep, sheep, sheep, sheep.

joanthemaid wrote:
Amazing series of languages, study plans, everything! You're my hero! Also, keep travelling as much as you can while you're young, even though you're not in Europe you seem to be getting opportunities.

Thanks. (Why do people keep saying that? It’s eerie.) I have actually been to fourteen countries so far, so I probably shouldn’t be complaining considering there are lots of people my age who live here who have never left this country at all, but still. I’m hoping to make that fifteen by the end of the summer (or sixteen if I take a train to Romania from Greece, because that would involve me going through Bulgaria).

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6252 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 124 of 392
26 February 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
How'bout the Ukraine in summer? The Internacia Junulara Kongreso? I'm already signed up.

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5924 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 125 of 392
26 February 2011 at 10:45pm | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi wrote:
How'bout the Ukraine in summer? The Internacia Junulara Kongreso? I'm already signed up.

Well assuming I can get my passport renewed in time, the idea is very tempting. Besides the problem of getting my parents to allow it, the transportation involved is going to be a bit complicated, since Greece, Romania, and Ukraine isn't a very common country combination. I've been experimenting with some different travel arrangements and it's very convoluted. Limni (the village where I'll be in Greece) to Athens to Bucharest to Timişoara to Vienna to Kyiv to Vienna to Frankfurt to Denver... To make it even worse, I found out that Greece has just canceled all of its international trains so that option has gone out the window. Flying is my only choice now, at least from Greece.

Edited by ellasevia on 26 February 2011 at 11:29pm

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6139 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Russian, Japanese, French

Message 126 of 392
26 February 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged 
Hey ellasevia! You're progressing so nicely, it's always inspiring to read your log!

I've been listening to your Swedish recording, and I must say that you're doing really good.

I wouldn't mistake you for a native, you do have an accent. But now I am totally honest, your accent and your Swedish voice are very pleasant to listen to! There are some minor details in pitch and prosody that could be fine-tuned to make it sound more natural..

..But really, I just tried to read that dialogue myself and realized that it's mad hard to make those kinds of conversations sound natural - even for a native.

This makes me so impressed that you managed to pull that recording off without matching audio. Wow!!   :)

I just sent you a pm with more details about the recording. Good luck with your studies!
2 persons have voted this message useful

mirab3lla
Triglot
United Kingdom
lang-8.com/220477Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5225 days ago

161 posts - 229 votes 
Speaks: Romanian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Spanish, FrenchB1, Mandarin

Message 127 of 392
26 February 2011 at 11:44pm | IP Logged 
Cu plăcere, Philip. Sper ca ți-au fost de folos. În cazul în care (a more formal way to say ”dacă”) mai ai întrebări, te rog să mi le pui și voi încerca să răspund la ele cât mai clar.
Știu că ziua mea de naștere este ziua Americii. Mama chiar îmi tot spune de când eram un copil că destinul meu este să devin americancă, deoarece m-am născut în această zi. Însă, cu toate avantajele ei, viața în America nu îmi surâde (a surâde cuiva=to appeal to sb), cred că din aceleași motive pentru care nu îți place nici ție, din ceea ce am văzut aici pe log. Am aproape tot continentul Europa la picioare, așteptând să fie explorat (păcat că trebuie să aștept până când voi îndeplini 18 ani ca să fac asta singură). Asta înseamnă o multitudine de limbi, de culturi, dar și o istorie bogată. Și eu vreau să mă mut din România, căci nu îmi place sistemul acestei țări, însă voi alege o țărișoară europeană drept destinație.
Sper că vei veni la vară și prin Hunedoara! Mă ofer drept ghid al locului, județul meu fiind un loc plin de istorie, mai ales în cazul în care ești interesat de epoca medievală (Castelul Corvineștilor) sau de perioada daco-romanilor (Sarmizegetusa, în special). Poți vizita acest link pentru mai multe detalii.
Acum voi merge să scriu în logul meu, căci am multe de povestit despre ce am făcut în ultimele zile, care au fost foarte ocupate. Joi am sărbătorit Dragobetele, care este o sărbătoare romănească, un fel de Valentine's Day adaptat și sper să apuc să scriu despre aceasta în log.

Edited by mirab3lla on 27 February 2011 at 12:21am

tozick
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 6144 days ago

44 posts - 69 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English

Message 128 of 392
27 February 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Sprachprofi wrote:

Well assuming I can get my passport renewed in time, the idea is very tempting. Besides the problem of getting my parents to allow it, the transportation involved is going to be a bit complicated, since Greece, Romania, and Ukraine isn't a very common country combination. I've been experimenting with some different travel arrangements and it's very convoluted. Limni (the village where I'll be in Greece) to Athens to Bucharest to Timişoara to Vienna to Kyiv to Vienna to Frankfurt to Denver... To make it even worse, I found out that Greece has just canceled all of its international trains so that option has gone out the window. Flying is my only choice now, at least from Greece.

I guess you've probably checked it out already, but just in case you haven't, you may want to have a look at Interrail Global Pass. I'm not sure if it covers Ukraine but definitly last time i checked your other destinations were covered. It is relatively unexpensive if you plan to travel a lot, and gives you quite a bit of flexibility. Regarding Greece cancelling its international trains, you can always overcome that by simply travelling to a border town and crossing the border by bus. It should make very little difference both price and time wise, I suppose. Hope it helps.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 392 messages over 49 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version