tennisace
United States
Joined 5412 days ago

39 posts - 43 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Croatian, French

Message 1 of 4
29 December 2010 at 5:21am | IP Logged 
This is my first log here and I'm really excited to participate in TAC 2011 along with my teammates amber5499, Kerrie, and Icaria909. Spanish is going to be my primary focus here in 2011 although I want to incorporate some other languages as well. Therefore I will be studying French and German as well.

Spanish is my favorite language hands down and I have been studying it for a while now. However this had always been through high school and college and therefore has not been the best. It was, however, very good and I'm glad that I was able to learn in a classroom. But now I want to improve my skills much more and will be doing some self-study. I would rate myself as B1 - B2 right now and I hope to be at C1 by the end of the year.

I have always been fascinated by languages but never studied any others besides Spanish. French and German have always been on my radar and so I thought this challenge would be an excellent opportunity to learn some new languages. Besides the most common, easy words, I know next to nothing about these languages. But I think with French being so close to Spanish and German being close to English, I should be able to make some inroads.

I have never studied more than one language at a time and I'm going into my last semester of college (meaning I have a lot going on with school), so in TAC 2011 I'm going to split the year into three parts. In January - April, the only language I'm going to study is Spanish. In May - Auguet, I'm going to study Spanish and French. In September to December, I'm going to study Spanish, French, and German. I think this is the best schedule for me. First, it will allow me to study Spanish pretty in depth and will cover the entire year. Second, it will slowly let me add more languages and not be too stressed.

Good luck to everyone participating in TAC 2011.

Tennisace
1 person has voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5193 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 4
29 December 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged 
Hola, Tennisace.

I think we are around the same level with our Spanish. I also intend to study French and German, as well as Italian, during 2011. I will be focusing on Spanish until the end of March, then primarily on French until September. The last part of the year will be reserved for Italian, as long as I can reach most of my goals for Spanish and French by then. =)

¡Buena suerte este año!

Icaria909
United States
Joined 5389 days ago

201 posts - 346 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 4
30 December 2010 at 3:36am | IP Logged 
That's pretty cool that you're studying French and German. I've wanted to study both for a long time (in fact everyone on my dorm floor this semester is studying both). I just hope that you don't give up Spanish along the way. Tiene Suerte

Edited by Icaria909 on 01 January 2011 at 1:43am

tennisace
United States
Joined 5412 days ago

39 posts - 43 votes
Studies: Spanish, Croatian, French

Message 4 of 4
30 December 2010 at 5:09am | IP Logged 
Oh there is no possibility that I will stop studying Spanish. It is my favorite language and up until now, the only one that I have studied. With my schedule it'll be the only language I study all year long. Plus I went to Spain for a few weeks two summers ago and completely fell in love with everything Spanish.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version