Language Learning Forum : Esperanto Post Reply
18 messages over 3 pages: 13  Next >>
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6230 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 9 of 18
13 July 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged 
Por mi, tio estas tro da komitatoj kaj maltro da kursetoj, speciale lingvokursetoj.

Mi ĝuos la IJK-on.
1 person has voted this message useful

Ari
Heptaglot
Norway
Joined 6342 days ago

2314 posts - 5695 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese
Studies: Czech, Latin, German

Message 10 of 18
14 July 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged 
Terribly sorry about writing in English here, but I don't speak Esperanto yet. I'm wondering how getting in to the Congress happens. Can I just show up? I'm toying with the idea of supercramming Esperanto for the week that remains and then get down there and just try to converse. The Congress just happens to fall on a vacation week where I have nothing planned and it's just next door, too!

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6463 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 11 of 18
14 July 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged 
Attending the congress cost a lot of money, and I only participate because there isn't an Esperantistan anywhere in the world - which means that this congress is my best chance to test my skills. It is a big question whether it would be worth the money to participate in just one weekend without having prepared properly for the event.

According to the tariff page you can apply at the location ("Post tiam, oni aliĝu surloke dum la UK*"), and after June 15 this is the only way, but I don't know whether you actually can turn up without notice at the entrance with a big wallet and enter. In principle it should be possible.

*NB: UK = the universal congress, not the United Kingdom

btw: congratulations with your 1000. message

Edited by Iversen on 14 July 2011 at 10:07am

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6230 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 12 of 18
14 July 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged 
Yes, you can just show up; I did so in Beijing. At the Universala Kongreso, the language
level is quite high though; the IJK is more tolerant of beginners. To save money, get
your own accomodation.

Maybe come to the JES in Poland from Dec 27th to Jan 3rd?

Ari
Heptaglot
Norway
Joined 6342 days ago

2314 posts - 5695 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese
Studies: Czech, Latin, German

Message 13 of 18
14 July 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged 
Hm, as I find myself a bit strapped for cash at the moment, I might have to pass it up. Unfortunately, I'll be deep in Subsaharan Africa by New Year's, so attending the JES won't be possible, either. Perhaps another time.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 18
01 August 2011 at 5:36am | IP Logged 
Mi nun denove transformigas la lingvon de cxi-tiu fadeno denove en Esperanton:

Tute je la fino de la kongreso en Kopenhago la estrarano de UEA (= Universala Esperanto Asocio) anoncis, ke la Universala Kongreso en la jaro 2013 estos Reykjavik, Islando. La venonta Universala Kongreso en 2012 estos en Hanojo, Vietnamio.

Fasulye

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 15 of 18
06 August 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged 
MIA VIZITO AL LA UNIVERSALA ESPERANTO KONGRESO (KUN ANGLA TRADUKO)

Mi ricevis peton paroli pri la UK en Kopenhago de persono, kiu ne parolas Esperanton, pro tio mi ankaux metas tradukon en la angla lingvo. La UK en Kopehnhago havis 1458 partoprenantojn, la plejmulto venis el Germanio, Francio kaj Japanio. Gxi okzais en granda kongresejo nomata "Bella Center" ne tro malproksime de la flughaveno Kastrup kaj trajno- kaj metroostacio. Cxiutage apreris kongresgazeto "Vikinga Vocxo" kie oni povis legi pri detajloj de la programeroj. Ciuj partoprenantoj ricevis kongreslibron kun informoj pri la kongreso kaj listo de la partoprenantoj kun adresoj. En la kongresejo estis cxiutage "Libroservo" en kiu oni vendis suficxe multajn Esperanto-librojn, CD-ojn kaj DVD-ojn. Kaj okazis prelegoj de la 9:00a horo matene gxis proksimume la 6a horo vespere. La temoj estis tre diversaj. Oni ofertis la komencantan kurson "Dana eksprese" (por mi tro facila) kaj Esperanto-lecionojn en komencanta nivelo kaj meznivelo. Ankaux "Dana prelegoj" pri diversaj temoj rilate al Danio kiel ekzemple "Lumbildoj pri Groenlando", "H.C. Andersen", "La filosofio de Martinus". Estis Esperanto-koruso kaj mi unufoje partoprenis al kant-ekzerco de la koruso. Ankaux estis prelegoj pri temoj rilate al komputilaj aferoj, mi auxskultis prelegon pri la Esperanto-Vikipedio. Bedauxrinde mi ne cxeestis la prelegojn de la "Kongresa Universitato" kaj pro laceco maltrafis la prelegon pri la "SETI-Projekto" la israela astrofizikisto Amri Wandel. Mi cxesstis la vesperan konzerton de la profesia itala popol-rokbando "Rêverie" kaj kompreneble la "Internacia Arta Vespero", kie partoprenis vere talentitaj Esperanto-kantistoj kaj kantantoj. Entute mi en tiu-cxi semajno neniam enuigxis.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 07 August 2011 at 7:56am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5607 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 18
06 August 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged 
ENGLISH SUMMARY OF MY VISIT OF THE UNIVERSALA KONGRESO

The UK in Kopehnagen had 1458 participants, the majority coming from Germany, France and Japan. The event took place in "Bella Center" in the business district of the city near-by the airport Kastrup and a metro and train station. Every day a congress newspaper called "Vikinga Vocxo" was published with more details on the lectures and other program details. Every participant received a "kongreslibro" with many infos and an adresslist of the participants. Every day the "Libroservo" was open selling all kinds of Esperanto-books, CDs and DVDs. There were a lot of lectures offered between 9:00 h and 18:00 h about very different topics. A Danish course for zero-beginners (too easy for me) called "Dana eksprese" and Esperanto-lessons on two different levels (elementa and mezgrada nivelo). And "Dana prelegoj" which was a series of lectures about all facettes of Danmark such as about Groenland, H.C. Andersen, the Martinus philosophy and so on. There was an Esperanto-choir and I took actively part in one of its rehearsals. I also visited a koncert of the professional Italian folk-rock band "Rêverie" who sang in Esperanto. Unfortunately I missed all of the lectures of the "Kongresa Universitato" and I was too tired when the Israelian astrophysicist Amri Wandel held a lecture about the "SETI - Project", so I missed that one as well. There were also computer-related topics and I attended a lecture about the "Esperanto-Vikipedio", which was interesting. Excellent was the "Internacia Arta Vespero" on the last evening, where many talented singers and ensembles performed. Totally, this congress was never boring.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 07 August 2011 at 7:46am

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version