Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 1 of 12
12 January 2011 at 12:29am | IP Logged 
I received this email from Cafe Lango which has taken on the remaining inventory of Audio Forum after the latter closed down last year.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Greetings!

Cafe Lango's best sale of 2010 is extended:
33% off everything and anything through January 31, 2011 with your exclusive discount code LEGACY.

Make 2011 the year you learn or improve another language with original format AudioForum language courses, like the classic full-length FSI courses. Since 1972, it's everything you need to learn a new language or improve your ability -- faster than you ever thought possible. Browse your options at right.

It is a New Year, and what a great time for a new language! Order now while these courses last and benefit from exclusive limited-time savings!

Due to popular demand, we are extending this exceptional offer. We understand that some people are happy to order using the internet, they just don't want to learn ONLY on a computer! These original format high-resolution courses on audio CD with the original .wav files may only be around for a limited time. There are even some cassette versions available for the courses you choose.
Sincerely,

Customer Service
Cafe Lango

PS: Remember: all our products are backed by our No-Risk Money-Back Guarantee.

Save 33% instantly! Use discount code LEGACY at checkout. You may use multiple times, and share with friends & family & colleagues, while supplies last, during the term of this offer. Offer Expires 1/31/11

While this discount is nowhere near the deeper discount offered by Audio Forum when it was liquidating last year, 33% off may not be too shabby for some people. A quick look at Cafe Lango's inventory suggests that Modern Russian Vols. 1 & 2 (normally $295 for each of 1 & 2), Finnish for Foreigners 1 & 2 (normally $225 for part 1, $95 for part 2), and Beginning Japanese Vols. 1 & 2 ($225 for vol. 1, $275 for vol. 2) among several other large "old-school" courses are available.

For the record, I am only passing this along to anyone on this forum looking for old-school courses (especially "Modern Russian"). I am not interested in the current promotion since I got what I wanted when Audio Forum was offering courses at 50% off or more.

The URL for Cafe Lango is http://cafelango.com/
2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 2 of 12
20 April 2011 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
I'm just passing along another email from Café Lango about a discount. This one is valid until April 30, 2011.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear XYZ,

Take 30% off your next purchase online using coupon code 3030, or when you call to order at 800.243.1234 -- start saving now! We appreciate your business, and hope you will shop with us again!

Best Wishes for the holidays and a wonderful Spring!

Customer Service, Cafe Lango

The inventory includes the old school mainstays of Modern Russian Vols. 1 & 2, Finnish for Foreigners 1 & 2, Beginning Japanese Vols. 1 & 2, Mongolian Basic Course etc.

As in the message directly above I am not interested in the current promotion since I got what I wanted when Audio Forum was offering courses at 50% off or more.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Budz
Octoglot
Australia
languagepump.com
Joined 6133 days ago

118 posts - 171 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, Russian, Esperanto, Ukrainian, Mandarin, Cantonese, French
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Persian, Hungarian, Kazakh, Swahili, Vietnamese, Polish

Message 3 of 12
22 April 2011 at 2:10am | IP Logged 
$225 for Finnish for Foreigners vol. 1... surely it was never that expensive?
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 4 of 12
22 April 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged 
That's the regular price for a complete set of vol. 1 (i.e. textbook, workbook, drill book, 10 CDs/cassettes with all dialogues, readings and drills). Café Lango/Audio Forum, WorldLanguages.com and Amazon all use that price as the regular one for a brand-new set. You can sometimes find either the textbook or workbook sold for less (~ $30 US or 30 Euros), but you usually pay through the nose for audio separately.

In any case I got quite lucky and got vols. 1 & 2 when Audio Forum had a promotion of 50% off. In hindsight I should have waited until the liquidation sale when everything was going at 65% off.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 5 of 12
25 May 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged 
Another e-mail about a promotion for Memorial Day (May 30) at Cafe Lango. 31% off regular price of everything through May 31, 2011.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear Chung,

Memorial Day...31% savings on everything thru May 31
Coupon code M31 is valid today, and only through May 31st. Start saving now.

New courses on MP3, FSI full-length courses since 1972, Native American courses,   Savvy Traveler, remastered and better than ever, and exciting new non-language audio courses remastered on MP3 ... and so much more!   

Or call toll-free (800) 243 1234

Customer Service
Save 31%     
Use code: M31 this MEMORIAL DAY holiday to save 31% off anything you choose to order. Click here to start saving now.

Offer Expires: May 31st, 2011

My comments from the original post still apply.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 6 of 12
13 July 2011 at 4:24pm | IP Logged 
Another e-mail about a promotion until August 1, 2011 (inclusive) at Cafe Lango. 46 % off regular price of all audio products.

Cafe Lango wrote:

Dear Chung,

We are selling out all our cassette and audio CD products, at 46% off -- and offering you that same discount on any of our new MP3 products too!

46% Off Everything

While some of our audio CD and cassette versions may continue to be available at other venues, and the AudioForum imprint will continue, this is your chance to benefit from enormous savings. Simply enter coupon code "46" at checkout.

We appreciate your patronage, and wish you a wonderful Summer of learning at vastly reduced prices.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Cafe Lango

46% off applies to all items in stock, once sold they may not be replenished -- simply enter coupon code 46 at checkout. Orders are subject to acceptance and inventory on hand. All sales are final and no returns or refunds can be accepted. Expiration date August 1, 2011.

If you've wanted "Apache - Jicarilla", "Finnish for Foreigners 1 & 2", "Modern Russian 1 & 2" or other "old school" courses, here's a chance to get them at a fairly big discount.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 7 of 12
10 August 2011 at 4:10pm | IP Logged 
Here's another e-mail about a promotion. This one lasts until September 5, 2011 at Cafe Lango. 40 % off regular price of all courses.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear Chung,

Summer is almost over -- and as we enjoy the last few weeks of holidays and vacation, our thoughts turn to Fall, as we plan for back to school, work, daily life: here's a chance to save 40% on audio & language courses, a la carte ...

40% Off Everything click here

This is your chance to benefit from 40% savings. Simply enter coupon code "40" at checkout.

We appreciate your patronage, and wish you a wonderful new season of learning at vastly reduced prices.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Cafe Lango

40% off applies to all items in stock, once sold they may not be replenished -- simply enter coupon code 40 at checkout. Orders are subject to acceptance and inventory on hand. All sales are final and no returns or refunds can be accepted. Expiration date September 5, 2011.

Juаn
Colombia
Joined 5105 days ago

727 posts - 1830 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 8 of 12
11 August 2011 at 1:19am | IP Logged 
This site looks good but sadly there are very few materials for Indian and South Asian languages. Nothing for Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Nepali, Sanskrit, Burmese... there is that Sinhala course which I already have...

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version