Diglot
Joined 6934 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 9 of 12
19 October 2011 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
Here's another e-mail about a promotion. This one lasts until October 30, 2011 at Cafe Lango. 45 % off regular price of all courses.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear Chung,

We are selling out all our cassette and audio CD products, at 45% off -- a repeat of our hugely successful Summer clearance sale. But not much is left of our huge language selection of CD & cassette format full-length courses, so we may not be able to do it again. Act now.

45% Off Sale click here

While some of our audio CD and cassette versions may continue to be available at other venues, and the AudioForum imprint will continue, this is your chance to benefit from our biggest savings of the year. Simply enter coupon code "45" at checkout.

We appreciate your patronage, and wish you a wonderful Fall of learning at vastly reduced prices.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Cafe Lango

PS Use the discount on any of our Starter Sets to get started on any full-length course for under $56 ...

45% off applies to all items in stock, once sold they may not be replenished -- simply enter coupon code 45 at checkout. Orders are subject to acceptance and inventory on hand. All sales are final and no returns or refunds can be accepted. Expiration date Oct 30, 2011.

My comments from the original post still apply.

Modern Russian 1 and 2 at 45% off each look sort of tempting... ($241.97 instead of $439.95 if I get the cheaper version of vol. 1 on .mp3 with vol. 2 on regular CDs).
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6934 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 10 of 12
24 November 2011 at 7:42pm | IP Logged 
Here's another email about a promotion. This one lasts until December 12, 2011 at Cafe Lango. 44% off regular price of all courses.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear Chung

A year ago we wrote to let you know you that although many are still available, some of the AudioForum full-length and FSI courses on CD may not be around much longer, or are transitioning to the newer digital and MP3 formats.

As an exclusive holiday offer to our Legacy VIP customers, we are continuing to make the older CD formats available AND are extending a 44% discount to you, when you use the coupon code LEGACY at checkout.

Please order by December 12th with the coupon code LEGACY to receive your order by Christmas and by the 20th to receive it by the end of 2011.

Best Regards and early Holiday Wishes!

Customer Service
800-243-1234

PS 44% savings and FREE shipping over $100 applies to everything we have in stock. We will immediately notify you if any problems delivering for the Holiday dates you select. Please email us with any questions.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6934 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 11 of 12
07 January 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
Here's another email about a promotion. This one lasts until December 12, 2011 at Cafe Lango. 44% off regular price of all courses.

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear Chung

A year ago we wrote to let you know you that although many are still available, some of the AudioForum full-length and FSI courses on CD may not be around much longer, or are transitioning to the newer digital and MP3 formats.

As an exclusive holiday offer to our Legacy VIP customers, we are continuing to make the older CD formats available AND are extending a 44% discount to you, when you use the coupon code LEGACY at checkout.

Please order by December 12th with the coupon code LEGACY to receive your order by Christmas and by the 20th to receive it by the end of 2011.

Best Regards and early Holiday Wishes!

Customer Service
800-243-1234

PS 44% savings and FREE shipping over $100 applies to everything we have in stock. We will immediately notify you if any problems delivering for the Holiday dates you select. Please email us with any questions.

I got an email from Cafe Lango about extending this promotion of 44% off regular price. It now expires on January 12, 2012. Just type LEGACY when checking your online shopping basket.

I'm starting to wonder if Cafe Lango will go out of business like Audio Forum and put on a liquidation sale (Audio Forum's was with all inventory going at 65% off everything). The frequent offers of discounts can't be a sign of roaring trade and reminds me what Audio Forum was doing in the last year of its existence.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6934 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 12 of 12
25 January 2012 at 2:52pm | IP Logged 
It seems that I wasn't wondering for nothing. Cafe Lango is announcing that it's holding a liquidation sale. 65% off remaining inventory until Feb. 12, 2012 by entering 65 as the checkout code. Maybe I'll spring for Modern Russian...

Cafe Lango wrote:
Dear Chung,

We regret to inform you that due to changing technology and the economic situation, we must close our offices in Connecticut. After 40 years, this is our final sale on the classic AudioForum audio CD and cassette programs.

All remaining inventory on hand must be sold by February 12, 2012.

We tried. We revamped and upgraded the products. Cafe Lango, the new online venue, has had some success as a digital and download source for new formats such as MP3's and Kindle, but sadly, not enough to allow us to keep producing the older formats. We appreciate your understanding and regret any inconvenience.
65% Off Everything Remaining click here
This is your last chance to order the older cassette and audio CD versions, and your chance to benefit from enormous savings. Simply enter coupon code "65" at checkout.

We appreciate your patronage, and wish you the very best for the New Year. Please email us or call with any questions or requests for courses and we will do our personal best to accommodate you.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Cafe Lango & AudioForum

PS The quantities of remaining audio-cassette courses are extremely limited. Click here.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version