lang-8.com/220477Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5253 days ago

161 posts - 229 votes 
Speaks: Romanian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Spanish, FrenchB1, Mandarin

Message 17 of 18
04 February 2011 at 4:50pm | IP Logged 
ReachingOut wrote:

Learning Romanian really isn't that bad, in fact it's an interesting and beautiful language to learn as a foreigner and not too difficult.

Actually, after having to struggle through my middle school Romanian class with all the grammatical analysis, I think exactly the opposite. However, every cloud has a silver lining, so I have learned to appreciate foreigners learning Romanian more after those cruel hours. And I am also thinking of German grammar now as rather easy...
1 person has voted this message useful

Diglot
Groupie
Colombia
Joined 4853 days ago

48 posts - 55 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 18 of 18
04 February 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
mirab3lla wrote:
ReachingOut wrote:

Learning Romanian really isn't that bad, in fact it's an interesting and beautiful language to learn as a foreigner and not too difficult.

Actually, after having to struggle through my middle school Romanian class with all the grammatical analysis, I think exactly the opposite. However, every cloud has a silver lining, so I have learned to appreciate foreigners learning Romanian more after those cruel hours. And I am also thinking of German grammar now as rather easy...

I think the difficult part in Romanian is about the slavic exposition that language have had ... and the influences romanian have received... because some words are really similar to Spanish or portuguese or Italian ones.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version