United States
Joined 5968 days ago

5 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*, Korean*
Studies: French

Message 9 of 9
25 January 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged 
Hey arcelt,

Good luck with your venture! I studied Polish by myself (in America) for around 1 and a
half years and I got to a speaking level with enough words in my memory to go to Poland
and have a conversation for hours with people I met. The vocabulary isn't too hard, and
if you really get into it, your mind will pick up the grammatical patterns that are
involved with it and forming sentences and enjoying jokes shouldn't be too much of a
problem.

I learned Polish with the course book available online at the Univ. of Pitt. I
believe. It is an awesome resource if it is still available for free online. I also had
a bit of practice with an American'ska Polka for about 2 months on and off and that
definitely helped me quite a bit.

Since you'll actually be in the country it should be much easier.

Powodzenia.

Edited by externals on 25 January 2011 at 5:29am

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version