Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5036 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 9 of 9
31 January 2011 at 6:11pm | IP Logged 
Of course it is possible, and it happened to me indeed: at some point I didn't remember why I said or wrote certain things one way instead of another.

As I see things, however, the only desirable part is to automate things so you don't have to think about the rules (which should happen pretty soon anyway), not forgetting them. If it's true that we cannot 'fill up' our brains and if I could choose and if remembering things didn't somehow 'slow the machine down', I'd never forget anything.

For a while I had a reputation as 'memory man' (not a memory wizard or anything) but it is I who alone can tell you that many things *have been* lost.

Becoming a teacher officially was an excellent way to actively maintain my grammar :)

Edited by mrwarper on 31 January 2011 at 6:12pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version