KTU
Russian Federation
Joined 4828 days ago

11 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: Russian*
Studies: English, German, Latin

Message 1 of 28
02 February 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged 
Hello! My name is Kate, I`m 14 years old, I`m conduct research «Who can become a polyglot?»
Can you help me?
Give answers to these questions, please!
1. How many languages do you know?
2. Where (what country) did you study?
3. How much time is spent studying each language?
4. At what level do you know foreign language? (starter, elementary, intermediate, pre-intermediate ect.)
5. What methods did you use to learn languages?
6. How old are you?
7. Where are you using your languages? (work, books, internet, communication ect.)
Advance, thank you very much!!!!!!!!

1 person has voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6484 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 28
02 February 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged 
You can't make research on a few scattered and random answers om such a questionnaire. And this being so, you would learn more about the world of polyglotism by reading some of the personal profiles, log threads, presentations and answers in other parts of this forum. In the general section you will find threads that address just about any of the questions you raise.
2 persons have voted this message useful

KTU
Russian Federation
Joined 4828 days ago

11 posts - 9 votes

Message 4 of 28
02 February 2011 at 8:17pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, I try to use your advice.

Iversen wrote:
You can't make research on a few scattered and random answers om such a questionnaire. And this being so, you would learn more about the world of polyglotism by reading some of the personal profiles, log threads, presentations and answers in other parts of this forum. In the general section you will find threads that address just about any of the questions you raise.

KTU
Russian Federation
Joined 4828 days ago

11 posts - 9 votes

Message 5 of 28
02 February 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged 
No, it is not. I need this research for my report on Scientific Conference for students.

minaaret wrote:
Katya probably needs it for her homework. Is that so?

Edited by KTU on 02 February 2011 at 8:21pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5628 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 6 of 28
02 February 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
Interesting, Kate! If you have a topic, one post is enough. Multiple posts of the same topic are not allowed in this forum.

Fasulye

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6484 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 8 of 28
02 February 2011 at 10:12pm | IP Logged 
Katya might be interested in Spivak's book about polyglots, - it's in Russian so she won't have problems reading it. Another fine book about different learning styles in English can be found here. And finally there is "The polyglot project" compiled by Youtube polyglot Syzygy. But to be honest there is nothing really scientific about polyglots or polyglotism in any book I have seen. Those books are inspiring and full of content, but so is this forum if you approach it with a critical mind.

Edited by Iversen on 02 February 2011 at 10:14pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 28 messages over 4 pages: 2 3 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version