Czech Republic
Joined 5723 days ago

14 posts - 15 votes
Speaks: Romanian*, EnglishC2, French, Spanish
Studies: German, Czech

Message 17 of 17
14 February 2011 at 3:02pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Not related to the actual question at all, but for some odd reason I get really excited when I learn the word for "cheese" in a new language. Just a moment ago I learned پنير in Persian and I was ecstatic. I remember the same reaction when I learned сыр and brânză in Russian and Romanian respectively.

Then it should be funny for you to see the difference between branza and cascaval, which are 2 different things. For me it's different, because in English everything is cheese :)

The weirdest thing I did for learning languages, what I remember now, is watching a movie in German with Spanish subtitles. It's funny because I understand Spanish (it's not so easy for me to read), although I never studied it and German I'm learning it now, so I'm still a beginner. It was a bit confusing, trying to pay attention to both in the same time, but it worked out well :)

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 17 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version