Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
12 messages over 2 pages: 1 2  Next >>
ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5939 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 2 of 12
01 March 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
I'm not sure if this would help you at all, but you could always go to the profile page of a member whose posts you generally like or find useful and look at the "Best Posts" tab in the "Posts" section (here it is in your profile, for example).
5 persons have voted this message useful

tractor
Tetraglot
Norway
Joined 5250 days ago

1349 posts - 2292 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 3 of 12
01 March 2011 at 6:41pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
I'm not sure if this would help you at all, but you could always go to the profile page of a
member whose posts you generally like or find useful and look at the "Best Posts" tab in the "Posts" section
(PF=60888&submenu=posts">here it is in your profile, for example).

You need to be a pro member to see them.
1 person has voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5939 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 5 of 12
01 March 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
Oh, sorry! I didn't even realize that! I've been a Pro Member for about a year and a half, so I've forgotten which features are exclusive to being one.

lingoleng
Germany
Joined 5095 days ago

605 posts - 1290 votes 

Message 6 of 12
01 March 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged 
minaaret wrote:
I'm new here, and I would like to read some informative posts, but it is really difficult to navigate and find interesting posts on these bottomless forums, the threads are often very long, with many irrelevent remarks.

Could you please post direct links to some posts you have found particularly useful or interesting? I'm mostly interested in learning methods.

Thank you very much for your help.

The Section "Learning Techniques, Methods and Strategies" consists of 26 pages with some dozen threads each. Before I became a member I had gone through all of these pages and read everything I thought might be of interest for me. One can do it. Same for any sub forum I cared about. The biggest obstacle are the long times the sites can take for loading, but the server is not always slow.
Sorry that I don't have any easier advice, but this way of doing it is actually rather useful.
3 persons have voted this message useful

crafedog
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5615 days ago

166 posts - 337 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Korean, Tok Pisin, French

Message 8 of 12
01 March 2011 at 8:14pm | IP Logged 
I don't know if you're already doing it but search using the "G-Search" box instead of
searching by tag or Text Search as "G-Search" is much more useful. I didn't use it for my
first month or so because I thought it was a computer programming search term or
something random like that (true story sadly).

Also if you find a user who you find interesting, use "G-Search" with the topic and the
user's name to find some of their posts about that topic (like "fanatic" "assimil"). It
won't work perfectly every time but it is useful.

Edited by crafedog on 01 March 2011 at 8:16pm

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version