Triglot
Turkey
Joined 4835 days ago

32 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: Turkish*, English, FrenchB2

Message 1 of 4
02 March 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
Hello everyone,
I want to learn how to study for CPE.What do you recommend me to do while studying for CPE?Is there any must-learn wordlist for CPE?And How can I improve my Writing skills?
Also Is Use of English part hard?

Thanks.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Andrew C
Diglot
United Kingdom
naturalarabic.com
Joined 5000 days ago

205 posts - 350 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written)

Message 2 of 4
02 March 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged 
I'd recommend you go through as much CPE material as you can - old exam papers and course books for example. If your input is primarily CPE material, you can be pretty sure the vocab will be useful. Especially do the readings and even more importantly the listenings (read tapescript after) and try to understand these as much as you can with a dictionary - don't just answer the comprehension questions. If you can get a teacher for an hour or two a week or join a class it would be good for your speaking.

I don't like word lists - it's better to learn from real material I think.
2 persons have voted this message useful

mselver
Triglot
Turkey
Joined 4835 days ago

32 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: Turkish*, English, FrenchB2

Message 3 of 4
04 March 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged 
I am having English lesson 4 hours a week at school.It that enough for developing required speaking skills for CPE?I read novels that I borrowed from library.I also studying grammar everyday from English Grammar in Use(Intermediate).When I finish the intermediate one,I will start Advanced one.I also study idioms and proverbs.Do you think when I finish all this stuff,will I able to pass CPE?(I need everyone's opinion.)
1 person has voted this message useful

Andrew C
Diglot
United Kingdom
naturalarabic.com
Joined 5000 days ago

205 posts - 350 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written)

Message 4 of 4
05 March 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged 
The best person to ask is your teacher - he/she will know your level and should be able to advise you if you need to do extra work. The CPE is a tough exam and usually needs many years of studying English. There are other lower level exams like the FCE (=upper intermediate) and CAE (=advanced) which people usually attempt before the CPE.

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version