Language Learning Forum : Languages & Work Post Reply
17 messages over 3 pages: 1 2 3  Next >>
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 1 of 17
09 March 2011 at 11:36am | IP Logged 
It's not 100% certain yet, but starting in May I may have work for people with
knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Polish or Dutch.

Two separate positions:
1. Writing lessons. This requires a native or non-native proficient speaker of the
target language with good knowledge of English and good awareness of grammar.
2. Proofreading and data-entry. This requires a native English speaker with at least an
intermediate level of the target language, someone to whom computers come naturally and
who cannot imagine writing anything other than excellent, flawless English.

Both positions will be freelance, online, 5-10 hours a week and decently paid.

I'm mentioning these opportunities here because I believe that this kind of work would
be an excellent match for people looking for a little extra income to finance their
language studies, especially as this work will solidify your language knowledge.
University students, stay-at-home mums and freelance workers are equally welcome.

Please send me an e-mail (yutian.mei@gmail.com) if you believe you can fulfill one of
these positions. Clearly indicate your forum user name and which type of work you feel
qualified to do. By the way, it is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage to know more
than one of the languages on the list.

Edited by Sprachprofi on 11 March 2011 at 7:17pm

5 persons have voted this message useful

mandarin
China
Joined 4803 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English

Message 2 of 17
11 March 2011 at 3:36pm | IP Logged 
Hello!
I'm native-spoken-Mandarin translator for many years.
Maybe there is some chance for our cooperation.
Best regards

Edited by mandarin on 12 March 2011 at 8:27pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 3 of 17
11 March 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged 
Sorry, the proofreading position is only open to English native speakers. I'm assuming
that lesson writers can write English well, so proofreaders need to find those last few
mistakes that even I can't avoid sometimes.

mandarin
China
Joined 4803 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English

Message 4 of 17
11 March 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
Ok,thanks a lot.
By the way,you speak Mandarin?

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 

Message 5 of 17
11 March 2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I try.

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5488 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 6 of 17
11 March 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
I'm a native English speaker and I am interested in this offer. I actually specialize in working with foreign students to improve their written English, and have done editing and proofreading work for several years. I'm afraid my active knowledge of Dutch is rather low (you can see a sample of my writing in the last entry on this page of my log), but my familiarity with German and English should help, and if the work starts in May I can continue studying Dutch until then to improve my current level.

I'll send you an email right now.

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5488 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 7 of 17
23 March 2011 at 9:08pm | IP Logged 
Hey SprachProfi, I'm just checking to see if you got my email about this position. If you don't think my language experience is enough for it, that's absolutely no problem – just let me know. I hope to hear from you! If you didn't get my email, let me know here (my PMs are often very delayed) and I'll send it again.

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 

Message 8 of 17
24 March 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged 
Sorry, Jinx, I thought I had answered your e-mail; it's no longer in my to-answer pile. I
will be happy to work with you when we tackle Dutch. The start may be delayed because of
the current confusion in Japan; my client had to vacate their Tokyo office.

This discussion contains 17 messages over 3 pages: 2 3  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version