Tags: Software
 Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
rtyhgn85
United Kingdom
Joined 4807 days ago

18 posts - 23 votes

Message 1 of 2
31 March 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged 
Although there are a lot of language learning apps on the marketplace i wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a good one.
Trying to brush up on my Italian.
Thanks
1 person has voted this message useful

Matheus
Brazil
Joined 4879 days ago

208 posts - 312 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*
Studies: English, French

Message 2 of 2
01 April 2011 at 2:27am | IP Logged 
I don't know whether I've understood your question, but I have two very nice Mozilla Firefox apps which help you to read things on the web. Their names are Rikaichan and Furigana Injector. Unfortunately, I don't know any good app for the Italian language, but you're asking about any kind of language, I think.

Furigana Injector: With this resource, you don't have to know all those Kanji to be able to read Japanese texts. You just active it, and then, Hiragana & Katana appears above the Kanji. I'll give you an example: Let's imagine that you have seen this Kanji "愛" on some website. When you activate the Furigana Injector, the Hiragana (phonetic alphabet) will appear above the Kanji, in this case, it would be "あい". It makes things easier for lazy people and even beginners.

Rikaichan: This app seems like magic. So let's use the same Kanji example "愛". When you activate this app software, just put your mouse set in this Kanji. A blue window will pop up, with the Hiragana/Katakana of the given Kanji, and also some useful informations like its meaning and what part of grammar it is, if it is a verb, a noun, etc. Hope you Japanese learners enjoy it.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version