Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
Irish_Goon
United States
Joined 6218 days ago

117 posts - 170 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 6
01 April 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged 
Hey everyone, just a quick question. What happened to the Assimil German with Ease for English speakers (or was there ever one to begin with)? When I have finished Spanish I had intended on starting either French or German next and I enjoy the Assimil method.

I swear that I have seen German with Ease around before but if I must then I will just default to French and then go through German that way but I would at least liekd to have had the option. I suppose I could use the Spanish version but I would rather use English/German instead of Spanish/German.

Any info would be appreciated.
1 person has voted this message useful

jazzboy.bebop
Norway
norwegianthroughnove
Joined 5221 days ago

439 posts - 800 votes 
Studies: Norwegian

Message 2 of 6
01 April 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged 
It comes up fine on Amazon.

Irish_Goon
United States
Joined 6218 days ago

117 posts - 170 votes 

Message 3 of 6
01 April 2011 at 2:50am | IP Logged 
Thanks, that is very odd. The first thing that I did a minute ago was go to Amazon and it had some with no audio that were sold out and to double check I went to the Assimil website and they do not have it at all. I wonder why that is, hm, thanks anyway.

Also is the second volume of German better than that piece of garbage "Using Spanish"?

jazzboy.bebop
Norway
norwegianthroughnove
Joined 5221 days ago

439 posts - 800 votes 
Studies: Norwegian

Message 4 of 6
01 April 2011 at 2:54am | IP Logged 
Hmm, it could be that I found it more quickly as I use Amazon.co.uk instead of .com and it doesn't come up so easily on .com?

Unfortunately I don't think there is a Using German course for English speakers which is a bit odd. As far as I know you can only get Using French and Using Spanish. Otherwise if you want to get the next stage up, you would need to do it through French with their Perfectionnement series.

Irish_Goon
United States
Joined 6218 days ago

117 posts - 170 votes 

Message 5 of 6
01 April 2011 at 3:00am | IP Logged 
French it is.

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5368 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 6 of 6
01 April 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged 
Assimil are currently replacing German with Ease with a new edition - which is why it is slightly more scarce.

As to the second volume - this is only in French.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version