Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

6 Week Challenge in May?

Language Learning Forum : General discussion (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
220 messages over 28 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 ... 27 28 Next >>
Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5453 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 153 of 220
09 May 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged 
So far, I am really enjoying the combination of the 6-Week-Challenge and Twitter – I think it's a match made in heaven. The restricted time frame keeps me focused on studying, and the ranking feedback from the bot keeps me motivated. It also helps that Spanish is so easy compared to the other languages I've been studying, though – moving forward so fast is a big inspiration.

My interest in the Latin culture is also blossoming as well (a very important factor of any new language-study plan, for me). My only complaint is that I love telenovelas, but it's been surprisingly hard to find subtitled ones online for free. I had assumed there would be tons, but the few I've found so far are of such bad visual and audio quality that I don't find myself wanting to return to them. Here's one on YouTube with English subs: Te sigo amando. It's a pretty good story so far, but the video quality is sorely lacking.

Does anyone know where to find nice-quality telenovelas (in any kind of Spanish, but ideally Colombian/Mexican/Peninsular) with subtitles (in any language)? (If you have recommendations, you can PM me so we don't go off-topic in this thread.)
1 person has voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6230 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 154 of 220
09 May 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged 
I'd be interested, too, and most people are learning Spanish here, so I don't see why
Spanish resources shouldn't be posted in this thread. I managed to get a hold of Star
Trek dubbed into Spanish. Watching it without subtitles in order to better focus on the
language.

vanillabean
Groupie
Canada
Joined 4768 days ago

53 posts - 63 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 155 of 220
09 May 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged 
I would be interested in hearing any suggestions as well! I've found telenovas hard to find with either English OR Spanish subtitles.

Strongly agree though - the twitter bot is so motivating!

Edited by vanillabean on 09 May 2011 at 11:11pm

boisjolie
United States
Joined 5053 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 156 of 220
10 May 2011 at 4:49am | IP Logged 
For those of you who want some decent reading/listening material, this site is a treasure chest. It's a completely free emagazine about the Spanish-speaking world. Base languages include English, French, and German. Articles are in Spanish, with Spanish audio, and also includes grammar/vocabulary notes on its articles.

http://www.veintemundos.com/en/

Edited by boisjolie on 10 May 2011 at 4:50am

3 persons have voted this message useful

Icaria909
United States
Joined 5351 days ago

201 posts - 346 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 157 of 220
10 May 2011 at 5:51am | IP Logged 
If you're looking for soaps, I'd recommend checking here where all there are many free
episodes:

http://www.antena3.com/series/fisica-o-quimica/

This is Peninsular Spanish and this doesn't include subtitles, but there are a few
dedicated translators on Youtube that have been downloading episodes with great
translations. Just search "FOQ and subtítulos" and you should find them. Hope this helps
4 persons have voted this message useful

boisjolie
United States
Joined 5053 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 158 of 220
26 May 2011 at 4:29pm | IP Logged 
I just arrived in Beijing this morning, which is great, but I don't have access to Twitter to chart my progress.

I'll keep track of my time while I'm here and then issue a "super tweet" when I get back to the States.

hjordis
United States
snapshotsoftheworld.
Joined 4946 days ago

209 posts - 264 votes 
Studies: French, German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 159 of 220
27 May 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged 
Sadly, I had to drop this(a while ago), as it was interfering too much with my other, more important studies. Maybe next time I will have more free time. Good luck to the rest of you still going.

Pharamp
Tetraglot
Italy
Joined 4871 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes
Speaks: Italian*, French, English, Spanish
Studies: German, Icelandic

Message 160 of 220
27 May 2011 at 7:13pm | IP Logged 
A question for Judith: could it be possible to have listings by language AND by tag? :)

This discussion contains 220 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version