Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

6 Week Challenge in May?

Language Learning Forum : General discussion (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
220 messages over 28 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 8 ... 27 28 Next >>
hjordis
United States
snapshotsoftheworld.
Joined 4971 days ago

209 posts - 264 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 57 of 220
25 April 2011 at 3:27am | IP Logged 
I may be out of internet at some point during this challenge, since I'm moving soon. I'll be keeping track of all of my hours though, so would it be better to post them on twitter as one update, or post a bunch of updates at once, one for each day I missed? Or does it not really matter much?
1 person has voted this message useful

nogoodnik
United States
Joined 5354 days ago

372 posts - 461 votes 
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew, Russian, French

Message 58 of 220
25 April 2011 at 5:56am | IP Logged 
I am in for French this time. I'll create a username on twitter and follow the bot as well. I'm so excited about this
challenge!

clang
Groupie
United States
Joined 5124 days ago

54 posts - 82 votes 
Studies: Russian, Italian

Message 59 of 220
25 April 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged 
I will definitely be doing this challenge. I have my final Russian evaluation at work on the 4th and will need a brand
new language for studying inspiration! I really want to do Spanish, keeping with the original theme of the challenge,
but if I end up going to Norway in August, it'll have to be Norwegian.

I've signed up for twitter @clanglog.

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6255 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 60 of 220
25 April 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged 
hjordis, it doesn't matter if you post multiple updates or just one. You just can't post
updates for more than one language in the same tweet.

clang, you are not registered with the bot yet. Tweet something like
@6WCBot I want to #register to study #Spanish intensively in May... #HTLAL user,
working #full-time

If you want to do Norwegian instead, that's fine too. The list of participants at
http://6wc.learnlangs.com/ shows all kinds of languages being studied.
4 persons have voted this message useful

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4821 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 61 of 220
25 April 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
...I caved. /facepalm. Lucky Charms's use of Twitter intrigued me; I can't resist the
temptation of following the Tweets von den Wise Guys. :P I'm signed up as RiverOverrun
for Polish.

Edited by Magdalene on 25 April 2011 at 2:07pm

jacobxmarley
United Kingdom
Joined 4747 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 62 of 220
25 April 2011 at 7:03pm | IP Logged 
great idea guys, i'd love to join in. not sure yet which language i will study, it will either be Spanish, french or portuguese. i'll have a think about it over the next couple of days and get back to you.

Amaltheia
Spain
Joined 4747 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Studies: Spanish

Message 63 of 220
25 April 2011 at 8:45pm | IP Logged 
I'm in for Spanish! Just been searching the internet for things that might help me speed
up my learning process and this has surely got to be it! I'm a beginner who gets by
using present tense, just moved to Gibraltar with work but I'm living in the local town
La Linea de la Concepcion and need to learn Spanish. My twitter is _amaltheia_ but I'm
not 100% sure how to use it because I didn't try properly before!

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6014 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 64 of 220
26 April 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged 
HINDI!!

Yes, that's right , I'm changing my language right before the start date. There are just so many more opportunities
to practice Hindi in Eugene!

With Hindi, I'm pretty much starting from ground level and I'm really curious how much I can learn in 6 weeks!

My plan is to learn the alphabet, do one unit of Assimil Le Hindi Sans Peine a day, plus TY Beginner's Hindi/ TY Hindi
( a unit every few days).

We shall see... I my goal is to get through all 3 books in 6 weeks and see where I am at. I hope to be able to roughly
follow a Bollywood dialogue and raise the eyebrows of the staff at my favorite Indian restaurant in town.

This discussion contains 220 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version