tomseriousblog.blogs
Joined 5085 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*
Studies: French, German

Message 1 of 2
20 April 2011 at 12:00am | IP Logged 
Hi everyone,

I'm from Canada and I'm thinking of enrolling into a two week German course in Cologne,
Germany at a school called "Tandem Koln", from May 9th to 20th. The problem is that on
their website, when I filled out a registration form, I got an email telling me to bank
transfer 200 euros to secure my spot. This is kind of suspicious, and I'm really hesitant to conduct a direct bank deposit, when normally these sort of things are done
through credit cards. I'm wondering if anyone have any advice or experience with this
place. I'm not really sure if this is legit or not anymore.

Anyways, this is the website of the school

http://www.tandem-koeln.de/

This is the school's page in languagecourses.net (I don't really know the reliability
of this site either, but this site seems to have a lot of other schools)

http://www.languagecourse.net/school-tandem-koeln-cologne.ph p3

If anyone know anything or have any advice, I would very appreciate it.

Have a nice day.
1 person has voted this message useful

Doitsujin
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5130 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 2 of 2
20 April 2011 at 6:19am | IP Logged 
Since bank transfers are free in Germany and convenient, many smaller service oriented businesses simply don't have a credit card merchant account and therefore ask for direct deposits.(We also pretty much stopped using personal cheques a long time ago.)
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version