United States
Joined 5052 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 1 of 6
29 April 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged 
Hey everyone,

I've been studying Spanish for a while now, and want to return to review French. I'm a huge fan of the Assimil programs, and I"d love to practice both languages at the same time.

So, I'm looking for a copy of any generation of Francés sin Esfuerzo. Only problem is, the only one I can seem to find easily is going for $195 on Amazon.com. Could anybody point me towards a cheaper place that I could order this program?

Thank you,
Boisjolie
1 person has voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6138 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 6
29 April 2011 at 6:07am | IP Logged 
It's cheaper on abebooks. Still a little steep though. I couldn't find a better price on the usual sites that I shop.

Budz
Octoglot
Australia
languagepump.com
Joined 6132 days ago

118 posts - 171 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, Russian, Esperanto, Ukrainian, Mandarin, Cantonese, French
Studies: Italian, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Persian, Hungarian, Kazakh, Swahili, Vietnamese, Polish

Message 3 of 6
29 April 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged 
depends whether you want the cd's as well?
You can buy it from Assimil for about 70 Euros. With the cd's. This is another one of those cases where it becomes second-hand and suddenly on Abebooks etc. it's worth its weight in gold.

boisjolie
United States
Joined 5052 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes

Message 4 of 6
29 April 2011 at 6:20am | IP Logged 
Yes, I am also looking for the CDs. Well, I suppose buying from Assimil direct may be my best option. I've never paid that much for a course, though. Of the courses I've bought (Spanish, Japanese I & 2, French for English Speakers, and Ruso Sin Esfuerzo), they've all been around $35 or so.

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6138 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 6
29 April 2011 at 6:27am | IP Logged 
Buying it directly from Assimil will be 65 Euros plus shipping. The price from the link I posted is about 60 Euros including shipping but hey it's your money.

Edited by newyorkeric on 29 April 2011 at 6:29am

boisjolie
United States
Joined 5052 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes

Message 6 of 6
29 April 2011 at 6:49am | IP Logged 
I found a sight based out of Mexico that would probably get it to me faster and be a bit cheaper.

http://www.gandhi.com.mx/index.cfm/id/Producto/dept/libros/p id/392857

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version