United States
justpaste.it/Mohave1
Joined 3767 days ago

291 posts - 444 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 9 of 10
06 October 2014 at 10:29am | IP Logged 
Today, I finally found a really good used book/DVD store in Brussels: Pêle-Mêle. I had been to five different
bookstores in Bruxelles - mainly used, trying to find books and DVDs to take home. Pêle-Mêle has three
locations, but I went to the Pêle-Mêle location on Ch. de Waterloo, 566 1050 IXELLES.

The bookstore was the largest used bookstore I had found in Brussels, taking up two large stories of a good-
size building. I was specifically looking for Super Challenge material so most of my books were 1€ or 2€,
DVDs were ~ 4€, and BDs were ~2€ - 5€ depending on the series. Nice children/young adult selection.
Upstairs included an area for English language novels, language learning, dictionaries, etc.

1 person has voted this message useful

lorinth
Tetraglot
Belgium
Joined 4034 days ago

443 posts - 581 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish, Latin
Studies: Mandarin, Finnish

Message 10 of 10
06 October 2014 at 11:07am | IP Logged 
[Edit: sorry I just saw that you were looking for foreign language books. I'll leave my
post as is anyway, it might interest someone else. And "French" may be understood as
"foreign" for you :) ]

Nobody has mentioned it, but if you want books in French, here are my two favourite places:

Tropismes (www.tropismes.com): a very nice place, open on Sundays. They have a large
selection of literature. If you happen to like poetry, it's the best place.

Filigranes (www.filigranes.be): large library, sometimes annoying because it's very busy,
but they have a large selection of books about anything, comics, etc. Also open on Sundays.

Other nice places include Libris Agora, Cook and Book, etc.

Speaking of comics, there are several specialized shops like Slumberland, Brüsel, BD World,
etc.

There are many many second hand bookshops, too. Many are along the Lemonnier boulevard.

I don't agree at all with the idea that "we don't have bookshops"!

Edited by lorinth on 06 October 2014 at 11:11am

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version