5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 11
10 November 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged 
meramarina wrote:
I just made a Twiiter account for myself a few days ago. I didn't really want to do this at first, but then I thought that it would help because I can practice a sentence at a time and that's not so intimidating. I can mention the many interesting language-related articles I find online but don't often write about here. I plan to make this part of my next log project and general language studies. I haven't yet written anything and I don't know how to follow anyone yet, but I'm sure it's not too difficult! I'll post a link in my profile here after I experiment a little with it.

Twitter is excellent foreign language practise because the limit is 140 letters/signs, so you are forced to keep your messages short. And you can also subscribe to newspapers in your target languages which provide you with short tweets which contain links (so you may read a whole article as well, if you like).

Fasulye
1 person has voted this message useful

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4912 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 10 of 11
10 November 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:

Twitter is excellent foreign language practise because the limit is 140 letters/signs, so you are forced to keep your messages short. And you can also subscribe to newspapers in your target languages which provide you with short tweets which contain links (so you may read a whole article as well, if you like).

Yes, definitely. Until a month or so ago, I didn't know the word for "earthquake" in Turkish. I had no reason to. But seeing it in pretty much every twitter news headline for two weeks drummed it into my head.

Twitter's great for current events.

R.
==

slucido
Bilingual Diglot
Spain
https://goo.gl/126Yv
Joined 6457 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, Catalan*
Studies: English

Message 11 of 11
09 August 2014 at 9:56am | IP Logged 

If you are learning Spanish, my Twitter might be helpful for you:

@albertspanish

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version