Netherlands
Joined 6543 days ago

856 posts - 1226 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Norwegian*, Polish*, Italian, Dutch, French
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 9 of 15
04 May 2006 at 3:01pm | IP Logged 
fredomirek wrote:
Thanks all for the advice, I think I'll stick to making them on my own. It's been working so far, the only inconvenience is cutting them out because my favourite size is 3x6cm and even though I've looked for it's not possible to buy blank cards of this size. I have managed so far cutting them so I hope I won't loose patience ;)
Thanks again

Maybe I'm missing something but what difference does it make exactly what size they are? Do you also use them as playing cards or something? :)
1 person has voted this message useful

fredomirek
Tetraglot
Poland
Joined 6666 days ago

265 posts - 264 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC1, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, Japanese

Message 10 of 15
04 May 2006 at 5:07pm | IP Logged 
Not at all... I just wrote that this was my favourite size because they seem to be very handy then...3x6cm is just perfect FOR ME..

andee
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 6837 days ago

681 posts - 724 votes 
3 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, Korean, French

Message 11 of 15
05 May 2006 at 5:43am | IP Logged 
I'm partial to that rough size as well (2.5cm x 5cm though) - I like that size because they're palm size and fit nicely in my pocket. For the record, I only put one word on each card.

Niall Gallagher
Groupie
Ireland
Joined 6895 days ago

81 posts - 81 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 12 of 15
05 May 2006 at 12:15pm | IP Logged 
andee, why only one per card? You must have loads!

andee
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 6837 days ago

681 posts - 724 votes 
3 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, Korean, French

Message 13 of 15
06 May 2006 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
^^ I find it's the best way for the words to sink in for me. When I have a few words or a list I don't seem to be able to retain things as easily. Plus, with one word per card I can rotate new words and also the order in which I'm going through the stack easily.

And yes, I have heaps, haha... I just bundle the words that I know I know into stacks of 50 or 100 and review them periodally. So far storage hasn't become an issue - they all fit well within a shoebox with room for another few thousand or more :-D

victor
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 7078 days ago

1098 posts - 1056 votes 
6 sounds
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, FrenchC1, Mandarin
Studies: Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 15
06 May 2006 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
If you search, you can find an early post where I posted a picture of my "chain" flash cards. What I do, is with 2.5 x 5 cm cards, I punch holes each one and link them in a chain. Like andee, I put one word on each card. You can focus on each word that way. It also makes it easy to jumble it all up when you get home.

The size is hardly a problem. I use a kleenx box to keep them all and so far I haven't even filled a third of it. I probably have at least 500 words in there, possibly a lot more. I haven't included the word lists for which I didn't make flash cards yet.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 15 of 15
29 September 2016 at 6:20pm | IP Logged 
victor wrote:
If you search, you can find an early post where I posted a picture of my "chain" flash cards. What I do, is with 2.5 x 5 cm cards, I punch holes each one and link them in a chain. Like andee, I put one word on each card. You can focus on each word that way. It also makes it easy to jumble it all up when you get home.

I am a Collectible Card Game (CCG) player and it sounds like a good idea as a base for a language-based CCG, though I wonder how will that kind of game work (the only language-based CCG I knew so far was WIRED, and even it was just a college assignment). Being said that I am a CCG player, the size of flashcards I have made so far is 6 cm x 8.5 cm because that's roughly the size of a Yu-Gi-Oh! card.

This discussion contains 15 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version