Groupie
Kazakhstan
Joined 6329 days ago

44 posts - 61 votes 
Speaks: Kazakh, Russian*, Turkish, EnglishC2
Studies: FrenchB1, Japanese

Message 65 of 88
08 June 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged 
"When I was a teenager I also thought that I just have to listen and my Turkic blood
will make me understand."
This is a very funny, and I think many Turkish people who have not heard real Turkic
languages actually believe this.

za20
You are a Turkish native speaker, aren't you? Can you understand this extract easily?
Қазақстан Республикасы “Халықты жұмыспен қамту туралы” заңына сай,жұмысқа орналасу
мәселесі бойынша жергілікті жұмыспен қамту және әлеуметтік бағдарламалар бөліміне
хабарласуыңыз қажет.
Сізге келесі әлеуметтік көмек түрлері:
-ішкі еңбек нарығына қажетті мамандықтар бойынша кәсіби даярлау,қайта даярлау және
біліктілігін арттыру;
-әлеуметтік жұмыс орындары;
-қоғамдық жұмысқа орналастыру;
-бос жұмыс орындары туралы сұраныстар бойынша жұмыс ұсынылады.

Әлеуметтік бағдарламалар және
жұмыспен қамтуды үйлестіру басқармасы

Or this video? What is the interviewee's
profession?
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6937 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 66 of 88
08 June 2013 at 3:16pm | IP Logged 
solka wrote:
"When I was a teenager I also thought that I just have to listen and my Turkic blood
This is a very funny, and I think many Turkish people who have not heard real Turkic

This reminds me of what some Turks today with pan-Turkist leanings like to express. I guess that it's a type of validation by association - in this case the rather sedentary and westernized Anatolian Turks invoke a link to modern steppe nomads who descend from the fearsome auxiliaries in Chingis Khan's armies among other things.

stelingo
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5613 days ago

722 posts - 1076 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Czech, Polish, Greek, Mandarin

Message 67 of 88
08 June 2013 at 8:29pm | IP Logged 
solka wrote:

za20
You are a Turkish native speaker, aren't you? Can you understand this extract easily?
Қазақстан Республикасы “Халықты жұмыспен қамту туралы” заңына сай,жұмысқа орналасу
мәселесі бойынша жергілікті жұмыспен қамту және әлеуметтік бағдарламалар бөліміне
хабарласуыңыз қажет.
-ішкі еңбек нарығына қажетті мамандықтар бойынша кәсіби даярлау,қайта даярлау және
біліктілігін арттыру;

profession?

he's a professor? I speak absolute no Turkish or Kazakh, or any other Turkic language.

solka
Tetraglot
Groupie
Kazakhstan
Joined 6329 days ago

44 posts - 61 votes 
Speaks: Kazakh, Russian*, Turkish, EnglishC2
Studies: FrenchB1, Japanese

Message 68 of 88
09 June 2013 at 9:06am | IP Logged 
stelingo wrote:

he's a professor? I speak absolute no Turkish or Kazakh, or any other Turkic language.

No, he is not a professor. Can I withhold the correct answer until za20 gives his answer?

!LH@N
Triglot
Germany
Joined 6602 days ago

487 posts - 531 votes 
Speaks: German, Turkish*, English
Studies: Serbo-Croatian, Spanish

Message 69 of 88
09 June 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
solka wrote:

This reminds me of what some Turks today with pan-Turkist leanings like to express. I guess that it's a type of validation by association - in this case the rather sedentary and westernized Anatolian Turks invoke a link to modern steppe nomads who descend from the fearsome auxiliaries in Chingis Khan's armies among other things.

Yes, as much as I feel connected to my Central Asian relatives, I am very sure that it is not as easy as some people think and will take some time and effort.

stelingo
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5613 days ago

722 posts - 1076 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Czech, Polish, Greek, Mandarin

Message 70 of 88
09 June 2013 at 12:45pm | IP Logged 
I'm sure I heard the word professor.

za20
Germany
Joined 3978 days ago

35 posts - 64 votes 
Speaks: English

Message 71 of 88
18 June 2013 at 11:36pm | IP Logged 
solka wrote:
za20
хабарласуыңыз қажет.
біліктілігін арттыру;

profession?

Of course, I can understand it, Kazakh and Turkish grammars are almost the same. But there are some words whose meanings I don't know but they do not prevent me from understanding the general meaning of it.

Additionally there are many people also on this forum who claim that Turkic Languages are so different that they can not communicate. I don't know what are their problems with Turkic Languages.

And I never claimed that Kazakh and Turkish speakers can communicate perfectly %100. But they can communicate in basic daily conversations, if they speak slowly and if they use basic words.

So what are basic daily conversations ? These are basic daily conversations: introduction, shopping, asking directions, asking way, at pharmacy, at the doctor's, at post office, ordering meal at a restaurant, buying a ticket, renting a car, hobbies etc. So Kazakh and Turkish speakers can communicate in these basic daily situations, but if they speak slowly and if they use basic words.

And please look:
This is my first message on this thread. Look at my message of Nr. 54, in this message, I said this:

"From my experience, I can say that if two Turkic people meet and if they speak slowly and if they use basic words, they can easily communicate, at least everyday-conversation basic level. There is no problem. When I was in Germany, I had some Kazakh friends from Kazakhstan who had never exposure to Turkish before, we managed to communicate. The grammars of the Turkic Languages are almost the same. There are some pronounciation differences, and some wocabulary differences. If we use basic wocabulary, we can communicate."

I wrote so but you "Solka" did not understand what I meant.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6937 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 72 of 88
18 June 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged 
Cute. It seems that your skirting solka's questions.

I'm curious za20... What are these Kazakh samples about? I mean it's not enough just to say "of course I can understand them". Could you give us a summary of the content? (although this is potentially fraught with manipulation since you have time to consult a dictionary or even a grammar book and neatly stay consistent with your claim that you as an Anatolian Turk have (an unusually) high level of passive understanding of Kazakh without any formal study of the language (presumambly).

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 88 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version